Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,331  
Saw the Dermatologist yesterday,, back to a brim hat for the summer.. they shade,, but hot.. but he is expensive.. the hat was not..
So I headed to the Academy sports and outdoors to get me a nice but cheap hat to cover up my big ears,, I was lucky I found it.. being camouflage in the Camouflage department.. also I wear a size 8,, I don't like one size fits-all because they only fit 7 and half and below.. paid for it and left,, now I feel I have done what the doctor said to do,, no more skin cancer for me.. it is a good feeling.. the picture is of me modeling the hat.. what y'all think?.. smile.. Lou

View attachment 469926

Oh you sexy beast. GQ magazine will be calling.:laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,333  
Saw the Dermatologist yesterday,, back to a brim hat for the summer.. they shade,, but hot.. but he is expensive.. the hat was not..
So I headed to the Academy sports and outdoors to get me a nice but cheap hat to cover up my big ears,, I was lucky I found it.. being camouflage in the Camouflage department.. also I wear a size 8,, I don't like one size fits-all because they only fit 7 and half and below.. paid for it and left,, now I feel I have done what the doctor said to do,, no more skin cancer for me.. it is a good feeling.. the picture is of me modeling the hat.. what y'all think?.. smile.. Lou

View attachment 469926

Nice!!!!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,334  

View attachment 469926

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,335  
Anybody know how to build an ark? Have had to dump my 6" rain gauge twice in the past 24 hrs....

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,336  
Noah Jisgren,, but his line is busy.. I called twice last week.. when I got 6 inches twice.. lol.. good luck and stay dry.. Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,337  
Noah Jisgren,, but his line is busy.. I called twice last week.. when I got 6 inches twice.. lol.. good luck and stay dry.. Lou
Try sending him a message through his website. Www.arksbynoah.com. he's out of stock, but is taking backorders.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,340  
I've been without internet for 3 days. We got 14 inches of rain in just about 36 hours. 4 foot of water at duck fence behind the dam. Water and debris broke latch on 14 foot gate. Almost pushed fence over, but I built it strong.............just water washed out around concreted posts. I had to wade out in waist deep water to put a log chain on the gate and post. Ducks are going wild. Lake Conroe is closed to civilian boaters. Had to go pick Luke up at work last night. He works as a Chef at La Teritta (sp) resort on the southwest corner of Lake Conroe. He had to wade out to my truck. His car is high and dry. I dropped him off at the golf course this morning and he hiked thru the golf course in his rubber boots. Gotta go pick him up this afternoon. Lake Conroe is about 4 feet above full elevation. Saw Sheriff dept. airboats going into San Jacinto river below dam on FM105. It is bad. 36 water rescues Thursday night alone.

Got the tractor and CAT hunkered down in front of the barn. Water went over my 9 foot offset disc and brush hog. Now I gotta clean out gear box and regrease all bearings on the disc. Water photos on my cell phone. Been too busy fighting water to send them to this computer.

Got Mahindra stuck yesterday morning after water went down. Water came back up yesterday afternoon. I was stupid and drove it over the north end of last years corn. Went down to both axles before I could back out. Thank GOD for front end loaders and backhoes. It was so bad..................my rubber boots were sinking it also. But a few 2x6s and huge limbs under the tires and I was out. Pulled out 2.....25 foot 16 inch diameter cerosote (sp) poles out of my gully. My neighbor's. More later.
hugs, Brandi