Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,092  
6 plants went offline for maintenance. Despite the unseasonably warm temps, it's all good in Texas. Maybe stop finding clickbait and believing it.
Not clickbait. That was from a friend who lives in South Texas. She's less than pleased at the mess the energy utilities have made of that state. They have sucked up all your money and left you with a junk electrical system that works fine until you need it.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,093  
Not clickbait. That was from a friend who lives in South Texas. She's less than pleased at the mess the energy utilities have made of that state. They have sucked up all your money and left you with a junk electrical system that works fine until you need it.
Ok, so your friend has no idea...most likely reading news sources that hate Texas.

Given that Texas has an independent grid, we don't have nearly as many problems as people believe. During the cold snap in February last year, at least 14 states had significant outages. The press coverage highlighted Texas because we have our own grid, conveniently ignoring that the national grid fared no better.

California has many more problems with their effectively state-owned power company.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,094  
Im in East Texas. And not on Ercot. thank goodness.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,095  
Why you gotta come on here and cause trouble? Is your state perfect?
We are averaging about 10-15 degrees over normal. Some units down, waiting on parts/crews for annual maintenance (probably caused by shutdowns).

I believe Texas could use 5 new nuclear plants, spread out, to handle these newcomers.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 204200.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,096  
People get confused too from the term...........outage. I know refineries use that term for maintenance..............as in planned outage. I know the electric plants were down for planned maintenance, as usually in May, it isn't that hot here. To me, May usually is springtime here, What 100 degree heat? Maybe out in West Texas. I didn't hear of any brown or black outs either.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,097  

You might do some research next time .. prior to sounding stoopid ...

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,098  
We have not had any outage in a long time now, but of course I am a bit concerned because my wife is on the oxygen generator day and night, so in a power outage she'd have to go to the little oxygen bottles that she uses if she goes out anywhere. So I do try to make sure we have those little bottles on hand at all times.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,099  

"The East Bay Times, formerly the Contra Costa Times is a daily newspaper based in Walnut Creek, California, U.S. "

If your "friend" is not happy here .. she should consider going back to California?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,100  
yea, Cali residence can't notice when the generators are down, cause they just turn their entire grid off anytime the wind blows.