Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,221  
Lexington Area: The last couple days have had 3.61" and 5.05" for this week. Finally had some rains last week also. Pastures went from brown to green fast. The rains were timed pretty good also with breaks in between to soak in some. NWS says more to come this weekend ?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,222  
Thank Bird. I love my digital camera.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,223  
Lexington Area: The last couple days have had 3.61" and 5.05" for this week. Finally had some rains last week also. Pastures went from brown to green fast. The rains were timed pretty good also with breaks in between to soak in some. NWS says more to come this weekend ?
Spike,
Welcome to the thread. I am always amazed how fast the brown can become lush green grass.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,224  
Spike,
Welcome to the thread. I am always amazed how fast the brown can become lush green grass.
hugs, Brandi
Brown to Green in about one day ! It had gotten so dry here that even the Bahia grass went dormant. Had been looking for hay to buy.... now, I think I can skip that !!!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,225  
Now I know who got all the rain! Welcome!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,226  
Woohoo!!! COLD front came through and lowered the temperature 20 degrees. The bad news, Kyle, is that we got more heavy rain with the temperature drop.

Guess I won't sleep late tomorrow due to high humidity and get outside to enjoy the weather for a change.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,227  
I've been to south Texas in the summer, twice.
Could never understand why rational humans would want to live there.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,228  
If you were not born in Texas, you will never understand.
I have been to Indiana and I cannot understand why rational humans would want to live there.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,229  
If you were not born in Texas, you will never understand.
I have been to Indiana and I cannot understand why rational humans would want to live there.
hugs, Brandi
Gee, I always considered Indiana the Garden of Eden of the US. (y)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,230  
I've lived in Texas longer than anywhere else, but spent most of my growing up years in Northern Ohio. I can say, Texas (South Central) is a rough place in late spring to fall. Of course, it all depends on your situation. Growing up in Ohio, winter was a real pain WHEN you had to get through the snow early in the morning. Shoveling sidewalks / driveway and walking to school were the times when you wished you lived somewhere else. In Texas, the humidity and heat are a pain too when mowing, fixing fence / other outdoor activities.
Can't afford a place in Hawaii. :)