Thank You to The Guys in This Part of the Forum

/ Thank You to The Guys in This Part of the Forum #1  

Surshot

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400 4x4
I studied the threads on adjusting the Kubota hydraulics for the FEL and the additional threads associated by individual entry. I had a target to try the results on, so decided to try the suggested adjustments on my L4400. I used the shop vac on the fill port as suggested, worked like a champ. Then did some hardware store engineering, gathered three sets of 3 washers, found one set that would fit, the originals I had, did not fit inside the plug, under the spring. I installed just two washers as shims. I had a big, green, pine tree (24" butt about 60 ft tall) down on my rifle range from a storm. Prior to the shims I could lift the top half of the tree about 1 foot, at 2K rpm, just enough to push the tree around as it was still attached at the stump. After the shims I could lift that tree, at the exact same point, 4 ft off the ground at 2K rpm. The entire system works fine and the result was amazing, thanks to one and all for the data. By the by, I have 525 hours on this 4x4 with water filled tires. I used a root rake to pick up the tree.
Ed