Thanks! Great report on the L4060

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #1  

bigcummins03

Bronze Member
Tractor
2022 Shopping Around
So super happy with todays results! I took the advice given and those tricks worked! What tricks? Well first the best one was turning off stall guard. The other was lowering the rear a little more than it was. The last was doing the term “letting” with the HST pedal. Even turned off auto throttle advance too just in case.

First photo is the angle of one of the climbs today that I barely made yesterday. Didn’t risk it in medium low yet as it’s steep. And yes I made sure in that spot it would read 90* sitting on flat ground.

Next is the rock that wouldn’t lift yesterday too. As you can see no problem now! 4.5’ long X 2’ wide and 1’ tall. Weight unknown.

Last was the pine logs. I knew they was probably too much for this tractor so that didn’t upset me. The short one measured 20’ long and 5’ around! The longer one was 27’ long and 5.5’ around in the middle and one end was larger!😱 now the longer one all she would lift it was 4’ but that’s impressive to me.

All on R1s too lol. Happy with this tractor and keeping what we got since there isn’t a wait and the payments manageable. Again thank you all so luck for the help and advice.

*Edit* thank you all for the concerns and words of wisdom. These loads was only lifted for testing to see if the loader was enough for my tasks or if I needed to upgrade to the la1055. No tractor movement was made with the loads that ridiculously that high for safety purposes.

21926F00-F236-4375-8C6A-F49F124B503D.jpeg

E02C0AA0-9BFA-4B19-9B9E-A545B1AD5B60.jpeg
9B9250D4-A3B7-44AA-9FB2-F8330FD9D0AF.jpeg
12765AAE-59A0-490B-B7EB-638C8B6A483C.jpeg

87AB5C8E-9E59-4F86-89C0-38C7EA7F593A.jpeg
773BD492-DC6D-4E7A-A4C9-C76ECD65D1FA.jpeg
0C59ADB6-6A73-4533-ABAB-87949D41AFE8.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #2  
Glad you got the power sorted.

May I suggest that lifting logs and carrying them like that is gonna end up with you tipping over...? It is far safer to drag those logs. When you carry as you did in the photos, one rock or hole is all it will take to have you sitting on the inside roof of your cab.

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #3  
Glad you got the power sorted.

May I suggest that lifting logs and carrying them like that is gonna end up with you tipping over...? It is far safer to drag those logs. When you carry as you did in the photos, one rock or hole is all it will take to have you sitting on the inside roof of your cab.
At least keep the load as close to the surface as possible. Just ran mine couple days ago carrying a stump. Two front wheels on the ground and right rear on the ground. Left rear wheel was having a hard time finding any thing to grip. Thank goodness stump was only about six inches from ground. I know how it would feel if riding on a dogs back and he cocked up his left leg to take a wiz - it's not good!

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #4  
I replied in the other thread. Same advise as others, keep that load low and as light as possible. You should be looking over your forks/bucket when traveling vs under it.

If the rock were similar to concrete in density it would weigh about 1350#. That's a heavy rock.

Same with the log. Unless you are making 16ft long lumber out of it, should cut that up into nice easy pieces to move. Both for weight and length.

Tractors are pretty rugged machines, but they are not nearly as rugged as commercial excavating and logging equipment. I encourage you to search for posts of tractors broken in half. There was a post about a nice Kioti in Maine that broke in two with a rock in the grapple bucket about the same size as your rock. I say this not to scare you but remind you that tractors don't break on their own.

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060
Well maybe I should have clarified in the post. There ain’t no way in Gods green earth would I ever even attempt to travel with a load that heavy and awkward lol. It was purely just to see if we could get them lifted more than dragging and tearing up the grass or driveway like they did yesterday. Simply lifted them to see it be doable. But great information for those who don’t know in the future.

I replied in the other thread. Same advise as others, keep that load low and as light as possible. You should be looking over your forks/bucket when traveling vs under it.

If the rock were similar to concrete in density it would weigh about 1350#. That's a heavy rock.

Same with the log. Unless you are making 16ft long lumber out of it, should cut that up into nice easy pieces to move. Both for weight and length.

Tractors are pretty rugged machines, but they are not nearly as rugged as commercial excavating and logging equipment. I encourage you to search for posts of tractors broken in half. There was a post about a nice Kioti in Maine that broke in two with a rock in the grapple bucket about the same size as your rock. I say this not to scare you but remind you that tractors don't break on their own.

Oh that’s for sure with the breaking in half. But isn’t that what the KTAC is for lol. Oh and to reply to you from the other thread. It was much better turning those fancy options off. I will say having them on makes operations idiot proof errr I mean the ol lady can operate it easier lol.

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #7  
Knew you wouldn't be doing that long. We were just worried about someone saying "Shat that ain't nothing. Hold my beer and let me show you what my Mother F...... Massey will do."
With mine hauling a stump on three wheels, it not being the first time. That's the reason my loader was only about six inches off the ground because of a previous situation.
Another lesson I learned a bucket full of gravel should not be above the hood. If a #57 gravel should decide to roll off back of bucket it will make a dent in your hood. Use to see used tractors with cracks in hoods So when I bought, I made sure it had a metal hood. Now I know what metal hoods are good for.

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #8  
Glad it worked out;with heavy load make sure the front tires are maxed out in air pressure.We all had to learn sometime.

/ Thanks! Great report on the L4060 #9  
That’s a steep hill. Always enjoy a story with a lesson and happy ending. Carry low and slow.

Yeah y’all saved me a ton of headache and possibly waiting for a tractor and loader I don’t need. We didn’t want to have to stress about making payments. Us military don’t get paid much and with retirement a year away there goes half the pay check lol. Anyways so thankful for this forum and it’s knowledgeable members helping us new tractor owners out with wisdom!