Unregistered2013

Gold Member
-- i counted 19 -- !!

Attachments

• XH8E3806.jpg
    XH8E3806.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 483
   / the back yard tonight -- #3  
Good to see,hope old man winter will continue to show mercy.

/ the back yard tonight -- #4  
Nice photo Eric.:) My soft-hearted neighbor feeds way too much corn to the wildlife. She told me that on Monday morning of this week, she had 24 does in her yard. If I don't get a fence up around my garden this spring, guess what I'll be feeding?:rolleyes::(

/ the back yard tonight -- #5  
Nice! Around here, this time of year, the does and yearlings form large groups like that as well. The most I've counted in one group is 18.

/ the back yard tonight -- #7  
Don't know, around my parts in NC the deer seem to have "quality issues".

Getting to see more and more deer, but sometimes thats not always a good thing.

Heck, around my parts no one thinks about NOT shooting one during hunting season, and yet they (the deer) still seem to populate very well.

Hardly see any good size bucks anymore, and most of my buddies who want to take a good size deer end up driving to Ohio.

/ the back yard tonight -- #9  
Don't know, around my parts in NC the deer seem to have "quality issues".

Getting to see more and more deer, but sometimes thats not always a good thing.

Heck, around my parts no one thinks about NOT shooting one during hunting season, and yet they (the deer) still seem to populate very well.

Hardly see any good size bucks anymore, and most of my buddies who want to take a good size deer end up driving to Ohio.

The deer has to be managed - like no shooting of bucks under 6 points and unlimited shooting of does. Giving them space will actually drive them to the ground.

/ the back yard tonight -- #10  
As to the photo, did you really take it at night? Boy if you did what kind of equipment? Or you going to tell me my old 35 MM is way out of date? :)

We live in mostly farming community. Deer for the most part don't do much damage at least on our crop land, but they are here. Really are great to look at. But about two months back my attitude changed when the buck did just over $4,000 damage to my wife's car not counting scaring her. Probably did him also. Car was towed away while he had run away. At same time the most dangerous animal in the US per what I have seen to humans is...deer, auto accidents. So next hunting season I plan to do something I have not in near 40 years...