The best time of the year is coming up

/ The best time of the year is coming up #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Of course I'm referring to the fall months; no bugs, cool comfortable temps, leaves changing color, gardens giving up their fall bounty, and apple season just around the corner.
My chickens are in the freezer, the turkeys and pigs are getting fat. Before you know it hunting season will be here...
In my younger days I looked forward to the month of deer season with the same ardor which kids have for Christmas.

Today was a nice day to be outside. By the time that I got home it was cool enough so that I put on a light jacket which I haven't worn in months... reaching into the pocket I found the Kubota key which I have been looking for all summer.

It used to be that we could expect frost anytime after Labor Day but that seems to have been pushed back almost a month.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #2  
Of course I'm referring to the fall months; no bugs, cool comfortable temps, leaves changing color, gardens giving up their fall bounty, and apple season just around the corner.
My chickens are in the freezer, the turkeys and pigs are getting fat. Before you know it hunting season will be here...
In my younger days I looked forward to the month of deer season with the same ardor which kids have for Christmas.

Today was a nice day to be outside. By the time that I got home it was cool enough so that I put on a light jacket which I haven't worn in months... reaching into the pocket I found the Kubota key which I have been looking for all summer.

It used to be that we could expect frost anytime after Labor Day but that seems to have been pushed back almost a month.

Until COVID...it was always also a great time for sports fans...NCAAF, NFL winding up, golf and racing seasons winding down...the MLB playoffs and world series...going to be a little different this year...one can only hope that it's unique...

/ The best time of the year is coming up
There are a few things about the year which I hope don't repeat themselves...

/ The best time of the year is coming up #4  

BIG amen to that!!! :thumbsup::dance1:... 48F this morning.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #5  
I agree wholeheartedly! nice cool crisp days and nights, my favorite time of year.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #6  
Listen to you northerners! The only way to truly appreciate the fall is by living through one of these oppressive southern summers!!:p

Just kidding, but YES! I LOVE FALL!! Bring on the cooler temps, a crisp breezy fall day! Doesn't get any better!

/ The best time of the year is coming up #7  
Yes I agree-PUMPKIN SPICE season!!!

/ The best time of the year is coming up #8  
Can't wait myself... Still in south Florida where everyday is 100 to 105 heat index. I'm outta here end of Sept just in time for a sweet mountain Fall. Have another project in Pittsburgh starting November 1, but who cares... I can't wait to see some cold weather.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #9  
Here here. Love fall. Warm sunny days, cool crisp nights. I save most my vacation time at work for fall. Starting Labor Day, I will take one week off, work one week, another week off until the end of October. Its even better because I am working from home all year due to COVID. Will be finishing my new barn that I started in June and then stopped because its just too hot in July and August.

/ The best time of the year is coming up #10  
Spring on Tuesday with the promise of lower than winter temps and even more rain