THE big ROCK

/ THE big ROCK
I was very impressed with the performance of the 4-in-one bucket this weekend when digging out the Rock and digging a ramp over a stream on the property. The Kubota bucket has already a few dings in it from handling rocks but this Bradco bucket is very sturdy and is holding up very well. The teeth on the bucket are welded on with replaceable inserts and they make short work out of digging. Do not yet have the CI wheels that the dealer will install hopefully soon but with fill in the tires and the 2000 lbs ballast box on the 3 point there is virtually no wheel slip at all and I am able to fill the bucket to overflow condition on each pass. The system I use to dig out a big rock is to use the FEL to make a 7 to 8 ft wide ramp on three sides and 6 to 8 ft deep at the rock. Then nudge it and moved it a little up one of the ramps. Start to back fill behind it and keep moving it up the ramp untill at ground level. Once at ground level it is easy to use the back blade of the bucket as a dozer and push it out of the way.

/ THE big ROCK #12  
THANK GOODNESS FOR THOSE BRUSH GUARDS!
HATE TO SEE WHAT YOUR COWL WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE IF THE GUARD WASN'T THERE!

/ THE big ROCK
Will try to heat the frame of the brush guard and straighten it out. It is very thick so will take some work. Have a rosebud for the Victor torch that may be able to heat it and then may be use the hydaulic press. Need to think about how to best do it. Also the tab welded to the side broke off so need to find a piece of steel to weld back on and then repaint it.

/ THE big ROCK #14  
Was there any chance of picking it up? Trying to guess the weight.

jb

/ THE big ROCK
No way to lift this. It must be way over 10,000 lbs. Can push it or roll it only

/ THE big ROCK #16  
m7040 said:
No way to lift this. It must be way over 10,000 lbs. Can push it or roll it only

Heck, I could lift that thing easy with MY tractor. I could probably lift it even without a tractor. All I would need is a case of dynamite. Then blow it into about 500 20 lb. rocks and just carry them off one at a time!:D