The Bota will be working it...Hard!

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
It has done nothing but rain rain and then rain some more down here in the deep south of Alabama. As my ancient neighbor (I'm 61 so I have to be careful on that subject...lol) would say, "Good Grannies!". I cut the acreage the last time I was off and it has already popped up about 2 foot. We were a little over 15" above normal up to the beginning of June. I can only imagine what it is now. :eek: Told the red head that she might need to put the life savers on her little chihuahuas to walk them. :D She was not amused and said I could get my own breakfast next time. :( Red heads are not so cheery in the mornings these days. :laughing: I have about 15 acres to cut when the rain ends on Sunday or so. Somebody turn off that faucet for a bit! Driveway is getting a bit sloppy too. :confused2: It's sort of like some people say to get it to rain, just wash their car....for me it's this....just put the boxblade on and smooth out the 150 yard driveway and it is guaranteed to come a toad strangler. :mad:

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #2  
It has done nothing but rain rain and then rain some more down here in the deep south of Alabama. As my ancient neighbor (I'm 61 so I have to be careful on that subject...lol) would say, "Good Grannies!". I cut the acreage the last time I was off and it has already popped up about 2 foot. We were a little over 15" above normal up to the beginning of June. I can only imagine what it is now. :eek: Told the red head that she might need to put the life savers on her little chihuahuas to walk them. :D She was not amused and said I could get my own breakfast next time. :( Red heads are not so cheery in the mornings these days. :laughing: I have about 15 acres to cut when the rain ends on Sunday or so. Somebody turn off that faucet for a bit! Driveway is getting a bit sloppy too. :confused2: It's sort of like some people say to get it to rain, just wash their car....for me it's this....just put the boxblade on and smooth out the 150 yard driveway and it is guaranteed to come a toad strangler. :mad:

15 acres of heavy grass is gonna be a workout for sure! How long do you figure it'll take you?

Brett

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #3  
Hey GW, send us some of that rain. We are the only part of the state STILL considered in the drought.

I cut about 5 acres just this past Monday and kicked up a lot of dust.

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #4  
We're swimming for it here in South MS also !!!

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard!
I cut about 1/3 of that with the 5' finishing mower and the rest with the bush hog. Take me about 3 1/2 -4 hours. I will have to go slow in the big fields, probably taken me longer than anticipated, as they are really grown up now. I've cut that part twice this summer and it wasn't quite this bad. Like you guys, I have all kinds of things going on right now. I was in the middle of painting my '66 mustang and got the base coat on and then got very sick and had to stop for several days and the one coat of clear coat over it, just made a big mess. Once I was better, I took the pressure washer and knocked off the clear coat so I'm back to just base coat. I have sanded and prepared that for the new cc. I'm trying to get that done this week. I work a week and off a week. 84 hours and it is getting tough on this old man. The night shift is really what is getting to me. 12 hours x 7 nights= ughh. I started counting down on June 1. I am retiring next June 1, "Come He** or High Water" as the old timers use to say. One thing, 61 sure doesn't seem as old as it is, when I was a kid...lol :laughing:

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #6  
Indeed you folks are getting your fair share of wet so far this year :eek:hope the drainage good before you mow,nothing worse than spinning/chewing while mowing.

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #7  
Yes indeed. When it's soggy the tractor will mess up the land with the tires. It will be a long drying out time if it ever stops raining. My bush hog is getting rusty and it's bran new....ha ha.

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard!
We were at 15" + for the year, before the tropical storm moved in on us. We are over 20" above normal now, for this time of the year. Had enough rain for awhile. Lots of people flooded from their homes/businesses. Even had a couple of tornadoes north/south of me. It is supposed to dry out the rest of the week so keeping fingers crossed.

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #9  
I'm a world away from all you guys(northern part of Ea WA) and we are having the wettest spring/early summer ever. Rode south on the motorcycle yesterday and the fields of clover hay are being cut - some are being baled now. I've NEVER, in 35 years, seen such heavy crops of hay. Stopped and talked to a farmer baling his hay. Giving him fits trying to get his baler adjusted to the heavy crop, going slow enough with the operation and still maintaining sufficient power to bale and other things I just don't understand. In any case, he was stopped to make adjustments and clean out the plugged up hay.

All this moisture/rain has resulted in an explosion of field grass which means increased danger of wildfires later this summer also.

/ The Bota will be working it...Hard! #10  
I'm a world away from all you guys(northern part of Ea WA) and we are having the wettest spring/early summer ever. Rode south on the motorcycle yesterday and the fields of clover hay are being cut - some are being baled now. I've NEVER, in 35 years, seen such heavy crops of hay. Stopped and talked to a farmer baling his hay. Giving him fits trying to get his baler adjusted to the heavy crop, going slow enough with the operation and still maintaining sufficient power to bale and other things I just don't understand. In any case, he was stopped to make adjustments and clean out the plugged up hay.

All this moisture/rain has resulted in an explosion of field grass which means increased danger of wildfires later this summer also.

Hard to light wet grass on fire...lol. Man i hear ya guys, i`m in upstate NY and we`ve been in nothing but heavy rain for weeks in the fingerlakes region. I`m ready to go to arizona just to see what dry dirt looks like...lol.