The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger

/ The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger #1  

Dundertaker

Tractor
Yanmar SA 425
When I bought my SA425, I got a package deal: Tractor, Box Blade, 5' Rotary Cutter, Canopy (which I've not put on), and the 18' Trailer. I added a Landscape Rake to the deal. I've not used the BOX BLADE yet, but the Rotary works great (Agri X ATLAS Agri "X Rotary Cutter » Darrell Harp Enterprises, Inc.) on my pasture at about 5" cutting height, and the Landscape rake is the best tool for clearing up trails and moving sticks and brush across the ground, scaring up the ground for broadcast seeding, etc...very handy. But the BIG ADD that I spent for was THE BUCKETEER. (They're updating their website, apparently, and the website is down...I called them to get some information last week, but here is the link for future reference: https://bucketeergear.com/ Here is an article with their contact information: Pivoting Bucket Forks Fit Compact Loaders) They're very nice people and responsive to every question I've asked. Based out of Texas.

This is actually the most useful tool I have on the tractor at this point. I had originally planned on getting a set of pallet forks based on a conversation I had with several "tractor owner friends." One of them said, "Pallet Forks are the POOR MANS GRAPPLE!". So when I asked about a set at the dealer, they were close to $900 from Yanmar, and they didn't have them in stock. Also, with the PINNED BUCKET, they would have been an "either-or" and a total PIA to switch out. I ran across this video on YOUTUBE while researching between Yanmar and JD.

I have 15 acres 8 of which are wooded. I sometimes need to move leftover hay from round bails, piles of brush, downed trees, etc..

After using these for about a month, all I can say is WOW...these are a game changer. They are SOOOOOO HANDY, especially when moving downed trees and brush. Over the weekend, we had a tree go down in the Midwest storms. 30' tall and fully bloomed out. About 2-2.5' in diameter. I cut it into about six pieces and took the top down to manageable lengths, and had the entire mess moved 200' to the "hole" in about 30 minutes by myself. I'd estimate I had the trunk cut into 6-10' lengths and carried two sections at a time to the pile. The larger and more "locked together and messy," the better the green top/brush holds up inside the forks to the bucket.

They are better than pallet forks because you don't have to switch them out, you can use the bucket with the fork for an extra deep "scoop" with the forks down, you can flip them up and down as needed on tasks, etc...so the utility is really much more functional.

Additional uses: It's like a rake...you can push and drag things with the forks angled down, and you can use them as a HAY FORK, Pallet Forks; the individual forks are mounted into a standard 2" box hitch and can be removed, and you could put in a ball hitch to move equipment, etc...very versatile. The load capacity is rated for 1400 lbs which is more than the bucket is rated for, so shouldn't be any issues there.

The individual "spears" are set into a 2" box hitch steel, then a 1.5" pipe welded over a 1" solid pipe in a "pyramid" and seem very strong and unlikely to bend without major abuse. Mounting was about a 2-hour job (I also added the "add a hook/shackle" kit at the same time also a great product). If you are working with downed trees and brush a lot, I think they're almost the best tool you could use that isn't a single-use item like a Grapple. On that subject, they dump "CLEAN," as in...vines and trash do not tend to stick onto these. I've used a grapple and spent lots of time pulling trash out of the tines. These are not as secure as a grapple, but I think the "other uses" on a Compact Tractor make them a great option for all-round small tractor work and much less costly and almost nothing to break.

The only problem I've is the Hitch pin/keys popped out and I lost a Pin and almost lost another one. I bought some that were Plasti-dipped https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091F679BL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details I think wrapped the keys in "rescue tape" to A: Make them a little more secure and B: if they do fall out the YELLOW should be easier to see. The BRIGHT SILVER one is lost to the wood Gods. I've not lost one (yet) since doing this. They provide COTTER KEYS, but then you lose the ability to remove and replace them quickly...we'll see how my "super special tape" works :)

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3749.jpeg
    IMG_3749.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
   / The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger
Last night had another tree branch go down at a tenant's house. Laying on the roof over a "good" tree, luckily, it didn't do any damage. I will have to take down another "Y" off that tree when the weather breaks and will take some better pics of the tractor in action. We dropped it and pulled it away from the house and cut it up on the ground, using the Bucketeer to make quick work of it. About 30 Minutes in total...took me longer to go buy a new rope. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 80
   / The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger #3  
That's a great attachment, thanks for the info, I have a 424 but have a piranha tooth attachment on my bucket. Almost looks like this would attach over the teeth without removing the tooth bar but not sure. It may attach, just the forks would be angled up a little which should still be ok. Tried their website but only shows error when I try to connect so I will call them.
Also from your post looks like I could get more use than a standard grapple. I have a ton of brush and downed trees on my property so getting tired of having to chain long pieces to my bucket to move them This would really fit the bill. Again thanks for the write-up.

That's a great attachment, thanks for the info, I have a 424 but have a piranha tooth attachment on my bucket. Almost looks like this would attach over the teeth without removing the tooth bar but not sure. It may attach, just the forks would be angled up a little which should still be ok. Tried their website but only shows error when I try to connect so I will call them.
Also from your post looks like I could get more use than a standard grapple. I have a ton of brush and downed trees on my property so getting tired of having to chain long pieces to my bucket to move them This would really fit the bill. Again thanks for the write-up.
Yes...call them. They are re-doing their website, they said. It can be installed over the tooth bar. I've considered adding one, also. The advantage you'll have, since you already have the bar installed, is the hardware is already installed for the bar, so you can install this and adjust around that.
I have used a grapple...never owned one...but for just moving brush and logs, this will do a lot more than most people think. If I had a skid steer and wanted a secure grip to handle big weight...Grapple. But for Putting around the farmette, I'd say this will do most of what you need and more than the grapple in extra functionality.

What size Tooth bar did you order? And what was it delivered (if you don't mind sharing)?

/ The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger #5  
@Dundertaker Does it seem like with the bucket still on that it might help keep sticks from going into the radiator as opposed to a grapple which they could go through the grapple?

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my grapple order and ordering one of these. I can't say I really NEED a grapple with the few trees we have. I was going to get one to do tree cleanups for others for $. If I do start doing that I could still do it with this and if I see I needed a grapple, I would do that later.

It’s worth a try. The grapple is good for grabbing and pulling up shrubs, etc….but it’s kind of like a backhoe…most people use it a few times and it’s a $$$ boat anchor after that. If I had a grapple it would sit more than it worked. Let me know what you end up doing.

@Dundertaker Does it seem like with the bucket still on that it might help keep sticks from going into the radiator as opposed to a grapple which they could go through the grapple?

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my grapple order and ordering one of these. I can't say I really NEED a grapple with the few trees we have. I was going to get one to do tree cleanups for others for $. If I do start doing that I could still do it with this and if I see I needed a grapple, I would do that later.
As for the grill…yes…it helps. I did just order a grill guard today from Broken Anvil. Cheap Insurance

/ The Bucketeer on the SA425 = gamechanger #9  
Yes...call them. They are re-doing their website, they said. It can be installed over the tooth bar. I've considered adding one, also. The advantage you'll have, since you already have the bar installed, is the hardware is already installed for the bar, so you can install this and adjust around that.
I have used a grapple...never owned one...but for just moving brush and logs, this will do a lot more than most people think. If I had a skid steer and wanted a secure grip to handle big weight...Grapple. But for Putting around the farmette, I'd say this will do most of what you need and more than the grapple in extra functionality.

What size Tooth bar did you order? And what was it delivered (if you don't mind sharing)?
I paid a total of 333.97 which included shipping of 44.97 to NE Ohio. My inside measurement of bucket was 51.75" and it fit perfectly. Its the standard toothbar as shown on their website. BXpanded Piranha Toothbar Ordered Dec 26 and was shipped on Jan 10 so it took about 3 weeks to receive after ordering.

I have heard of longer wait times but think since I ordered off season last Winter it was faster. Works great at scrapping first few inches of soil and also takes up those small 1/4" - 1/2" brush growth and back dragging my gravel driveway. Yeah looking it your pictures I thought it may fit without removing toothbar which is a plus. 35 hours on my Yanmar with backhoe since new in December and still running strong.