The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,021  
See my previous post above ....

America We Tried To Warn You -flowerpowerw.jpg

/ The day the music died. #1,022  
I do know what you mean. That's violent crime. It was here before we were born.

For example:

It just wasn't seen by most because of mass communications.

Another reason why it seems more prevalent is something that's been discussed here on TBN in the past... that is, the U.S. population has doubled since the early 60s from about 150 million to about 300 million. If 10% of the population are criminals, there were about 150,000 criminals in the general population in 1960 VS about 300,000 criminals in current times. So while there are about twice as many deviates as there were 60 years ago, its still the same percentage of deviates per the population. Make sense?

Those percentages were examples, but the idea is still the same, and that is, the percentage of deviates in society has not changed, but you're twice as likely to be near one as you were 60 years ago.
I think 1.5 million and 30 million would be 10 per cent, according to my public school math.

/ The day the music died. #1,023  
I'm sorry I stated my opinion on our modern society. I certainly did not mean to degrade this discussion - that was accidental.
Now if we could get back to the subject please (y)

/ The day the music died. #1,027  
Back in the 90's we were on our way to a helicopter ride in the Smokeys with our youngest child and Stevie Ray Vaughn was on the radio. I commented to my wife that I wished I would have seen him live. My kid asked me why I didn't. I said he passed away a few years ago. Then she asked how....

I lied and told her it was an industrial accident.

Years later she found out he died in a helicopter accident and still brings up the fact that I lied to her at such a young age. 🙃

/ The day the music died. #1,028  
Was supposed to see SRV at The Fox Theater in St. Louis back in the '80s with my best friend. His mother was the backstage manager, so we were going to get to meet him as well. When I didn't hear from him that afternoon, I started calling around, and found out he'd been in a terrible car accident with another friend the night before. The next time SRV came through town, I couldn't go, but my friend did, and got to meet him. He told him the story of the previous missed show, and Stevie signed his backstage pass with the phrase, "Glad you're alive and well." He has that in a frame in his living room.

I never did get to see him live.

/ The day the music died. #1,029  
Was supposed to see SRV at The Fox Theater in St. Louis back in the '80s with my best friend. His mother was the backstage manager, so we were going to get to meet him as well. When I didn't hear from him that afternoon, I started calling around, and found out he'd been in a terrible car accident with another friend the night before. The next time SRV came through town, I couldn't go, but my friend did, and got to meet him. He told him the story of the previous missed show, and Stevie signed his backstage pass with the phrase, "Glad you're alive and well." He has that in a frame in his living room.

I never did get to see him live.
Man that's a good story.

When I worked at the airport at the fixed base operator back in the late 70's and through the 80's I met a lot of musical acts (and politicians) that came through to give concerts at the local theater and at Notre Dame. This was right before big stadium tours became more popular. Some were so personable and friendly. Others, not so much. ;)

Many times the acts' managers would give us free tickets to the shows. Nice seats, too. Usually somewhere in the front 10 rows just off center. Great perk of that job.

/ The day the music died. #1,030  
Some were so personable and friendly. Others, not so much.
I worked for about 10 years for an electronics company that made music equipment. Their Ampeg line of bass amps and speaker cabinets were, and still are, very popular with big name artists. I got to meet a lot of famous musicians over the years, either visiting the factory in St. Louis or at industry trade shows. I'd say that 99% or better are really decent people, just regular guys playing music. However, the handful that you read about in the news and tabloids all the time ... that's not an act. Some of those guys are just a-holes.