The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,092  
My mother carries a phone with a button which will call 911... yet if she falls and can't reach it she is SOL. I've asked her to set up with somebody so that she calls them every day but she doesn't think it's necessary. I tore out a closet in the house where the washer/dryer were to go. She originally planned to get a stacking unit but what she has still works so why bother? I'm not sure that having a dryer up top is a good idea anyways considering her age.

She also has been diabetic for 20+ years yet has managed it strictly by controlling her diet.

Believe me, I've threatened to. She only listens to my older brother and sister though, so I would have to sell them on it first.
My mother in-law wasn't sure she'd like the stacked W/D we bought for her because she thought it was small capacity. However, we showed her that it was the exact same full-sized washer capacity that she's always had, plus the dryer was a bit bigger. It uses a lot less water, too, and has a more efficient spin cycle, so the clothes come out of the washer almost dry. The dryer finishes the job in about 20 minutes. Now she loves it. Thanks goodness for that. ;)

/ The day the music died. #1,093  
My mother in-law wasn't sure she'd like the stacked W/D we bought for her because she thought it was small capacity. However, we showed her that it was the exact same full-sized washer capacity that she's always had, plus the dryer was a bit bigger. It uses a lot less water, too, and has a more efficient spin cycle, so the clothes come out of the washer almost dry. The dryer finishes the job in about 20 minutes. Now she loves it. Thanks goodness for that. ;)
It isn't the size she's concerned with. That would be perfect for one person. How high up is it? At any rate she still has her old full sized Maytags, and they may last forever.

/ The day the music died. #1,094  
It isn't the size she's concerned with. That would be perfect for one person. How high up is it? At any rate she still has her old full sized Maytags, and they may last forever.
Washer is standard height. Dryer is maybe 16" above that.

/ The day the music died. #1,098  
Late to the party, but a subject near and dear to my heart. I'll never mourn the loss of Bowie as much as the media, but we did lose Chris Squire, Neil Peart, and two thirds of ELP in the last two years! John Wetton is another that hit close to home, still my favorite King Crimson front man.

The anniversary of George Harrison's death has been in the news a lot the last two days. Sent me on a YouTube rabbit hole, during which I realized I'm older than all of the Traveling Wilbury's were, when they hit the scene. Damn, I thought they were a bunch of old farts!