The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #871  
Many years ago, I saw the Stones at Arrowhead Stadium in KC. Billy Preston was on the keyboards (piano). He was a fantastic musician. He died in 2006, age 59.

/ The day the music died. #872  
Then there is Jeff Pocaro, drummer for Toto. He was one of the best and most recorded session drummers ever, died at age 38 in 1992. He was gardening and had a reaction to something he was using in the garden.

/ The day the music died. #873  
Many years ago, I saw the Stones at Arrowhead Stadium in KC. Billy Preston was on the keyboards (piano). He was a fantastic musician. He died in 2006, age 59.
We just saw them on October 4 in Pittsburgh. They did a very nice tribute to Mr. Watts before they came on stage. We've seen them three previous times over the decades in Indianapolis. Alway, always, always a great show. (y)

/ The day the music died. #874  
We just saw them on October 4 in Pittsburgh. They did a very nice tribute to Mr. Watts before they came on stage. We've seen them three previous times over the decades in Indianapolis. Alway, always, always a great show. (y)
They've done pretty well, considering they're just a blues cover band. ;)

/ The day the music died. #876  
You are right. I have seen them several times and always amazed at effort and talent they into their shows. They are very active. I guess they have been at it over fifty years now.

/ The day the music died. #878  
And then there is Farrakh Bulsara from Tanzania. Freddie Mercury. He was one of the best male singers in history. Put him with Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon, and you have Queen. Talent on all ends of the spectrum.

/ The day the music died. #879  
I have to mention John Denver. he developed such a unique style and following singing his songs. His loss was so unnecessary and such a loss.

/ The day the music died. #880  
They did a 12 minute version of Midnight Rambler. Crowd went nuts.
I remember when they were finally permitted to go China. in the news conference, Jaggar was asked what he was going to do because the government would not let them play some of their songs. He said "Oh, With over 400 hits, I think we can find something to play.

Then there was the RIO concert. It was on the beach and in the interview with Keith Richards just before the concert, he said "I don't think anybody down here will come. Maybe, if we are lucky, a 100,000 people maybe. When the went on stage, there were 1.5 million in the audience.