The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #821  
Nancy Griffith passed.

They showed her singing with John Prine, that was tuff.

RIP
Reading this weekend, I noted Roger Waters citing Prine as a strong influence.

Time rolls along, way too fast for many in this thread.

Rgds, D.

/ The day the music died. #823  
Reading this weekend, I noted Roger Waters citing Prine as a strong influence.

Time rolls along, way too fast for many in this thread.

Rgds, D.
John Prine wrote a song called..... Hello In There.....

I think it's about life, as you age.

I also think he wrote it in his 20s? How he could come up with this song in his 20s is beyond me.

I used to think it was just a good tune......now, pushin 70, I feel like he's been following me around for 50 years

Here's the link but, if you also want a giggle, check out john prine and iris demint doing.....In Spite of Ourselves...a classic Mr and Mrs song!

/ The day the music died. #824  
Thanks for that link Frankie. Blown audio on this old laptop, but I will definitely get back to it on another machine.

People, Life..... a lot of the great artists have that rare mix of early perceptions (oft called an Old Soul), and musical and lyrical ability, all wrapped up in the right ratios..... usually resulting in timeless music.

Normally a News junkie, I've grown beyond tired in the last year of what plays there...... so a while back threw Live Rust into the changer on my old set of wheels for commute time. Neil was another name, on the short list Waters spoke of....

Rgds, D.

/ The day the music died. #825  
Lost another old friend yesterday--most talented multi-instramentalist I've ever known.
If you aren't a bluegrasser, you've probably never heard of Dennis Caplinger, but he could play banjo, fiddle, mandolin, guitar and dobro expertly. Played for many years with Bluegrass, Etc and was a sought after studio musician, playing on soundtracks of many movies and TV shows.
Big man with a bigger heart!

/ The day the music died. #826  
   / The day the music died. #827  
Lost another old friend yesterday--most talented multi-instramentalist I've ever known.
If you aren't a bluegrasser, you've probably never heard of Dennis Caplinger, but he could play banjo, fiddle, mandolin, guitar and dobro expertly. Played for many years with Bluegrass, Etc and was a sought after studio musician, playing on soundtracks of many movies and TV shows.
Big man with a bigger heart!
had to look him up and the minute i saw his picture i recognized him. honestly can't say i knew him or his music but i know i've seen that face many times.

RIP

/ The day the music died. #830  
RIP Tom T. Hall.

I had not heard that. He was more of an entertainer than a singer... and was very good at what he did. I just made a comment at the Dr office yesterday that I didn't want to be saying "Here I am in this dang bed and who's going to feed those hogs".

Last edited: