The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #953  
Ah, Rubber Duck to Sodbuster, come over
Yeah, 10-4, Sodbuster?
Listen, you wanna put that micra-bus in behind that suicide jockey?
Yeah, he's haulin' dynamite, and he needs all the help he can get

/ The day the music died. #954  
Still have these after all the years...

Attachments

• 8tracks.jpg
    8tracks.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
   / The day the music died. #955  
Lost another old friend in the Bluegrass world--Roland White. He was 83, massive heart attack got him.

Older brother of Clarence White, the great flat picker. He was an innovative mandolin player. They formed the Kentucky Colonels and appeared a couple of times on the old Andy Griffith show. Then played with Bill Monroe and later Lester Flatt before being a founding member of the Country Gazette. Played for years with the Nashville Bluegrass Band and finished leading his own band with his wife.

He taught many workshops where he was so friendly and helpful with novice mandolin players.

It was my great privilege to pick with Roland, Alan Munde and Byron Berline (all members of the Country Gazette) over the last thirty years. Only Alan left now,hope he outlasts me!

/ The day the music died. #956  
Lost another old friend in the Bluegrass world--Roland White. He was 83, massive heart attack got him.

Older brother of Clarence White, the great flat picker. He was an innovative mandolin player. They formed the Kentucky Colonels and appeared a couple of times on the old Andy Griffith show. Then played with Bill Monroe and later Lester Flatt before being a founding member of the Country Gazette. Played for years with the Nashville Bluegrass Band and finished leading his own band with his wife.

He taught many workshops where he was so friendly and helpful with novice mandolin players.

It was my great privilege to pick with Roland, Alan Munde and Byron Berline (all members of the Country Gazette) over the last thirty years. Only Alan left now,hope he outlasts me!
Absolutely!

/ The day the music died. #957  
Not a musician, but still something of a music legend. Read last night that Philly radio legend Sid Mark died at 88. I used to listen to his Sounds Of Sinatra syndicated radio show when it was carried on a local station. Lots of great music and stories from his 65 years of doing that show.

/ The day the music died. #958  
Jerry Doucette - Canadian music icon passed away on Monday April 18/22. Going to miss him.
"Mama Let Him Play"

/ The day the music died. #960  
Country singer Shane Yellowbird dies at 42...