The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #963  
Remember when you could CALL Up a radio station and request that they play something. :) And they would.

/ The day the music died. #964  
Remember when you could CALL Up a radio station and request that they play something. :) And they would.
Back When people most everywhere actually Answered Phones, and then Did Something in the Real World.

I miss The Olden Days......

Rgds, D.

/ The day the music died. #965  
^^^yes, and people sat on their porches and talked to and helped their neighbors. As a little kid most friends about my age but some I really liked in their 70s-80s...all the great stories, knowledge & wisdom.
Not today.

/ The day the music died. #966  
You can still do that here, although they prefer that you do it on their “Facebook” page.

/ The day the music died. #969  
Not a musician. "The Who" returned to Cincinatti for the first time since 11 people died at a concert.
Before tonight's concert, the band issued a statement on Twitter asking people to honor those who lost their lives at the 1979 concert.

/ The day the music died. #970  
Not a musician. "The Who" returned to Cincinatti for the first time since 11 people died at a concert.
Before tonight's concert, the band issued a statement on Twitter asking people to honor those who lost their lives at the 1979 concert.

My 1st cousin was at that concert. She didn't know it happened until she got home. My aunt, on the other hand, heard about it on the news before the concert had ended. No cell phones back then. As I recall, they outlawed festival seating in Cincinnati after that incident.