The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #1,144  
Next Tuesday I can start counting the 365 days until 70!
It's a bit of a shock...

Last edited:
   / The day the music died. #1,145  
It's all relative! I'm a few years younger than you guys, but I do remember the shock of recently learning I'm now older than all but one of the Traveling Wilbury's, when they did that famous album in 1988/89. Damn, I thought those guys were old!

/ The day the music died. #1,147  
It's all relative! I'm a few years younger than you guys, but I do remember the shock of recently learning I'm now older than all but one of the Traveling Wilbury's, when they did that famous album in 1988/89. Damn, I thought those guys were old!
Heck...There's only two still alive...After Tom Petty's death I had heard some rumors that Jeff Lynne and bob Dylan were going to get with George Harrison's son and do some sort of tribute tour and or do some recordings...have heard nothing since and it may have all been BS...

/ The day the music died. #1,148  
That's for sure, seeing those whom were such a big part of our lives pass. Makes us look at our own lives.
And realize and appreciate the years we may have left is an unknown for all of us is a sobering reality for sure - as others have said, 70 seemed old and decades out, now its 3 years for me.

/ The day the music died. #1,149  
CSNY made such beautiful music when I was young... Shame kids today don't have anybody doing that for them. Mostly

/ The day the music died. #1,150  
CSNY made such beautiful music when I was young... Shame kids today don't have anybody doing that for them. Mostly
We dislike today's music because it's not the music we grew up hearing. Our parents disliked our music for the same reason, as did their parents before, and so on, since the beginning of time. Kids today are perfectly fine with the music of their generation, just as we were.

'Twas ever thus.

There is plenty of "beautiful" music out there today. You just have to go looking for it, because that style doesn't happen to be popular right now.