The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor.

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor.
Picked up the tractor late yesterday and took off today to try and get some things done before Irma comes barreling in on us, God Bless the folks is South Florida.

But, so far other than one glitch it's everything I wanted. Put it right to work cleaning the barn, putting hay out, and reshuffling burned stumps from 30yr old pines. It's a Workhorse! As for the glitch, it's drinking Steering hydraulic fluid, as in a gallon today in 3 hrs on the clock. Can not find a leak anywhere & the engine isn't making oil so not going there. All the dealer could think is the mechanic didn't bleed the system and said if I don't see a leak and engine oil is staying the same just keep adding.

Few pics of it's first day home

Oh and the grapple is 72". They accidentally put a 72 instead of 54 on it. Dealer said try it if I wanted & if I don't like it he'll swap. So far, not sure I don't like it and I'm only giving up 100lbs with the larger grapple.

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_130908855.jpg
    IMG_20170908_130908855.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 569
  • IMG_20170908_131809583.jpg
    IMG_20170908_131809583.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_20170908_145740491_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170908_145740491_HDR.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20170908_145948134.jpg
    IMG_20170908_145948134.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 445
Last edited:
   / The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #12  
Dang, that looks awesome! Congrats

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #13  
Beautiful tractor, congrats on your purchase, enjoy and be safe!

I am not getting warm fuzzy feelings about your dealer. That fluid is going some where and my guess is the transmission case. Check your tranny fluid level and I would bet you find where the fluid is going. To "keep adding oil" is not what a good dealer would say, he should have picked it up and took it back to the shop and had the mechanic figure it out. Make that dealer fix the problem. Good luck!

Thanks guys! Really enjoying having the loader and grapple already.

Dozernut, yeah I'm not just excited about it especially brand new. But he is getting it back next week, possibly tomorrow and plans to look it over if it kept having the issue. He already was coming to pick it up to install my 3rd valve kit, it never came in this week so he rigged the grapple to my rear remote so I could be mobile and try to get this stump pile reburned ahead of the storm. Didn't want to bore with details so I left that part out. I'll keep things updated on what we find & I'll check that transmission in the AM, appreciate that bit of advice.

Good part is that the old pile is getting smaller and the unburned stumps are lit! Progress

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_201049564.jpg
    IMG_20170908_201049564.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 266
   / The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #15  
Dumb question here is that I really like your tires and don't recall seeing this type of R4 pattern. They look great and like they would be a better traction tire than a regular pattern R4. What brand are they? Is this a new or common pattern or maybe I haven't been paying attention?

Great looking tractor and best 60 I've seen. More pics when you can.

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #16  
Steering fluid. are you seeing anything around the front end of the engine? the hydraulic steering reservoir caps are bad on these and they will leak fluid...done been there done that too....see my posts on a workmaster 50. Dealer told me they are replacing these caps...but then again they replaced everything before they think? they found my hydraulic problem......just check yours........ i would think that much fluid would be evident if the cap is leaking.........Good luck with yours and good looking machine..........

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #17  
Dumb question here is that I really like your tires and don't recall seeing this type of R4 pattern. They look great and like they would be a better traction tire than a regular pattern R4. What brand are they? Is this a new or common pattern or maybe I haven't been paying attention?

They are kinda cool. R4s, but banana style :).

/ The deal has been made, Bought our first new tractor. #18  
Hello BMan2005, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you need to be aware that the tread pattern on those tyre offers poor sideways grip. If your pine trees are on a side slope you could easily side into a tree , or into a fence. Been there didn't like that. Tyres with good sideways traction have 45 degree angle tread. (The kubota in the photo with your tractor has poor sideways traction as well, its tread is only 30 degrees.)
Aside from the tyres, nice tractor.

Beautiful tractor, congrats on your purchase, enjoy and be safe!

I am not getting warm fuzzy feelings about your dealer. That fluid is going some where and my guess is the transmission case. Check your tranny fluid level and I would bet you find where the fluid is going. To "keep adding oil" is not what a good dealer would say, he should have picked it up and took it back to the shop and had the mechanic figure it out. Make that dealer fix the problem. Good luck!

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Trans case is way way over filled. I'll be passing that on to the dealer today along with the tractor. Thanks again

Galaxy Marathoner. Seemed to get good traction, but I still may remove some of the center tread. I picked these over the particular AG tires the NH came with for multiple reasons. And thanks!

Steering fluid. are you seeing anything around the front end of the engine? the hydraulic steering reservoir caps are bad on these and they will leak fluid...done been there done that too....see my posts on a workmaster 50. Dealer told me they are replacing these caps...but then again they replaced everything before they think? they found my hydraulic problem......just check yours........ i would think that much fluid would be evident if the cap is leaking.........Good luck with yours and good looking machine..........
I've read your thread on what you've went through, good job on keeping it together man! No way I could do that after all you've went through on that ordeal.

Hello BMan2005, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you need to be aware that the tread pattern on those tyre offers poor sideways grip. If your pine trees are on a side slope you could easily side into a tree , or into a fence. Been there didn't like that. Tyres with good sideways traction have 45 degree angle tread. (The kubota in the photo with your tractor has poor sideways traction as well, its tread is only 30 degrees.)
Aside from the tyres, nice tractor.

No sir you haven't, I would like to know anything that can be improved upon man. I have read that about the tires and saw several grooving their tires, so thought I would cross bar groove mine to hopefully help that.

Last edited:
Talked with the dealer this morning, expressed my concern with what's going on and we chatted awhile about different things. Conversation left with him replacing it with another new unit and to just drain the trans level back to normal level and keep it here until the hurricane has passed Monday/Tuesday in case I need to clear my drive or anything else then bring it in to swap things over. Wasn't what I was after at all, but I'm definitely pleased with this dealer!

Last edited: