The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets..

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
For the first time this year I have tried a product called Turtle Wax Spray and Dry. It's not expensive, and a little goes a long way. It doesn't last, but takes only a minute to put a coating on the bucket and I've had very good luck with it. I previously tried a spray product from Toro that was about four times the price and I don't think it worked as well. I put a coat of Simonize on in the fall, without buffing and add the spray when the bucket is clean after the snow starts to stick.. The only downside is you have to keep the spray bottle in a heated location to use it. You can't just magnet it to the tractor as you can a metal can of Simonize, but in the cold weather, it's a lot easier to use and works well.

It seems to be good for at least an hour or two, of working with the loader and that's usually about my limit for continuous loader work before taking a break. A quick spritz then and allow it to dry for a bit, and you're ready to go again.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #2  
I have had good luck with WD40 on my bucket and underside of my mower deck to keep stuff from sticking.
I use a spray bottle and apply before each snow event and spray the mower deck each fall and before the first cut.
Works pretty good.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #3  
I use Pam on the walk behind snow blower, and I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the loader as well. Just have to remember to put it back in the kitchen when you're done, or else you may get an earfull!

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #4  
I use Pam on the walk behind snow blower, and I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the loader as well. Just have to remember to put it back in the kitchen when you're done, or else you may get an earfull!

This one threw me a couple of times! I first thought, "why would you spray PAM on the walk?" Then, I wondered what an earful of PAM is like. Obviously I conjured up the wrong mental image in both cases (I hope).

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #5  
When I roll the bucket over to dump the snow, I usually let it rattle against the stops a couple of times and the snow falls right off. I do that not only with snow, but also topsoil and sand. Gravel is not such a headache.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #6  
I moved my tractor to Mississippi. Snow just melts off :)

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #7  
This one threw me a couple of times! I first thought, "why would you spray PAM on the walk?" Then, I wondered what an earful of PAM is like. Obviously I conjured up the wrong mental image in both cases (I hope).

The first one, yeah. I spray in the chute and hopper of the snow blower, which is a walk behind type. The second one...I wouldn't put it past someone. And I imagine it would feel oily and cold!

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #8  
I moved my tractor to Mississippi. Snow just melts off :)

That is one of the right answers and another is to spray Pam.
Does it even snow in Mississippi?

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #9  
That is one of the right answers and another is to spray Pam.
Does it even snow in Mississippi?
YES! Last year we got over 2 inches. In 2015 we had a blizzard (for Mississippi)
Many areas reported 8-9 inches of accumulation, but the official total according to the National Weather Service was 7.3 inches in Tupelo. The all-time record for snowfall in a 24-hour period in Tupelo is 8 inches on Jan. 24, 1940.

While Wednesday逞エ total is only second on the all-time list, it demolished the previous snow record for Feb. 25, which was just a trace back in 1991.

Across the region snowfall totals varied widely. In Ripley, reports were in the 3-inch range. Lafayette County Emergency Management director David Shaw said totals in his county were around 4 inches, while one station did report 5.5 inches.
from Snow total just short of all-time record - Daily Journal
At my house in Itawamba county in 2015 we had over 4 inches and it stayed for almost a day.
Yesterday it was 87 degrees.

/ The eternal problem of snow sticking to loader buckets.. #10  
I can't imagine all the southern drivers trying to deal with even that little snow. Didn't some city in Texas basically close down over like an inch a few years ago? Not talking about the foot or so the panhandle got back in 2015, but before that.