Buying Advice The evolution of Chinese Tractors

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #41  
Some people only care about price. Literally, that is all they care about.
some people/situations are more sensitive to price. for example take a guy that makes his living with his tractor and has $100,000 of work dependant on the tractor functioning at a specific time, a breakdown could cost him that $100,000. he is going to be much less interested in saving 1/2 the price of his tractor up front.

Then take a weekend farmer that may put 300 hrs/yr on his tractor, if it does not get done this week it will get done next week and all he has lost is some time and satisfaction if the tractor breaks down or takes a little longer to get fixed. This guy may very well look closely at the initial cost of 2 tractors that have the same capabilities and chose the cheaper of the 2.

I personally like John Deere equipment but it became very apparent after some shopping around on specs that the JD was going to cost a lot more for the same specs. I can afford for my tractor to be down for a few days and do not have my income threatened by the reliability (with in reason) of my tractor.

This is not to say that there is a huge difference in reliability between most of the off brand tractors and the name brands, in my experience there are good and bad examples on both sides of the fence. It is a lot easier to chose the tractor that has a lot of local support and knowledge base. There is also the question of "good enough" for some a lower reliability is good enough.

Last edited:
   / The evolution of Chinese Tractors #42  
some people/situations are more sensitive to price. for example take a guy that makes his living with his tractor and has $100,000 of work dependant on the tractor functioning at a specific time, a breakdown could cost him that $100,000. he is going to be much less interested in saving 1/2 the price of his tractor up front.

Then take a weekend farmer that may put 300 hrs/yr on his tractor, if it does not get done this week it will get done next week and all he has lost is some time and satisfaction if the tractor breaks down or takes a little longer to get fixed. This guy may very well look closely at the initial cost of 2 tractors that have the same capabilities and chose the cheaper of the 2.

I personally like John Deere equipment but it became very apparent after some shopping around on specs that the JD was going to cost a lot more for the same specs. I can afford for my tractor to be down for a few days and do not have my income threatened by the reliability (with in reason) of my tractor.

This is not to say that there is a huge difference in reliability between most of the off brand tractors and the name brands, in my experience there are good and bad examples on both sides of the fence. It is a lot easier to chose the tractor that has a lot of local support and knowledge base. There is also the question of "good enough" for some a lower reliability is good enough.
I see your point. I too think JD is over priced and over rated.

My point so some people are just cheap. Then when they're stuff iss broken, they expect you to help them because they made poor choices.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #43  
Hi guys I am quite new to this forum. I have just bought myself a chinese tractor and yes i was sceptical for a while, there has been this constant bashing of chinese tractors...well products really. Every thing comes from china, and all machinery these days are coming from China including major international brands. I have posted before but feel the need to post again that the Agrison 80hp I recently purchased is made in the deutz fahr factory in china. and whats even more obvious is the overall quality finish, from the seals to the welding, paint job, hydraulic hoses is possibly the best I've seen on chinese tractors to date. I'm still in awe that i only paid $29,990 for it :cool2::cool2::cool2: sorry don't want to be seen as a rant, but honestly chinese tractors have come a very long way and seeing as they are now even made in top factories with other international brands, could be the reason why they are evolving over time. very interested in hearing about everyone else and their experience with chinese tractors overall. would love to hear from you.
It's called forced technology transfer. The chinese copy and use the same methods to make their tractors after a big shot company decides to save money by building in china.

It's happening with all products. If you decide to make your product in China, the chinese will copy it exactly, and brand it their own.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #44  
I see your point. I too think JD is over priced and over rated.

My point so some people are just cheap. Then when they're stuff iss broken, they expect you to help them because they made poor choices.
I agree on some level at the same time if I was running a big farm and my emploies would be twirling their thumbs while the equipment was down, I would love the fact that you cannot kick a rock without it landing in a John deere parking lot

I have a good Mahindra dealer close to my home but that is not the case for everyone. In the end a tractor is a tool, even the best hammer performs badly if you are trying drive a screw.

Last edited:
   / The evolution of Chinese Tractors #45  
I agree on some level at the same time if I was running a big farm and my emploies would be twirling their thumbs while the equipment was down, I would love the fact that you cannot kick a rock without it landing in a John deere parking lot

I have a good Mahindra dealer close to my home but that is not the case for everyone. In the end a tractor is a tool, even the best hammer performs badly if you are trying drive a screw.
I have three Mahindra dealers in three directions. Mine hasn't ever been to any of them. I didn't buy locally. Hasn't been back for anything in 965 hours.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #46  
I have three Mahindra dealers in three directions. Mine hasn't ever been to any of them. I didn't buy locally. Hasn't been back for anything in 965 hours.
good to know, mine was back to replace broken spider gears in the front axel @ 22 hrs. the dealer fixed it and it was a non-event so no complaints. I tend to do my own work but it is nice to know you have a good dealer close by.

/ The evolution of Chinese Tractors #47  
good to know, mine was back to replace broken spider gears in the front axel @ 22 hrs. the dealer fixed it and it was a non-event so no complaints. I tend to do my own work but it is nice to know you have a good dealer close by.
Glad they took care of it for you. I do everything myself. So far just a couple hydraulic hoses and the tachometer cable broke at 890 hours.