The Farm July 2006

/ The Farm July 2006
Soon a ditital camera may be in the works. As for the baler I'll stick to my rather primative methods as I dislike work!:D

/ The Farm July 2006 #22  
Egads Egon, sorry to hear of your wheel escaping. Hope it's just missing lugnuts, but I suspect not. What happened?

/ The Farm July 2006
The top of the housing that attaches to the steering broke off. This also holds the wheel in place. Ended up I backed out using the bucket and come along for steering. Had a few tense moments but not too bad.:)

/ The Farm July 2006 #24  
Egon said:
The top of the housing that attaches to the steering broke off. This also holds the wheel in place. Ended up I backed out using the bucket and come along for steering. Had a few tense moments but not too bad.:)

Sorry to hear your tractor is busted...bummer! I hope you get it fixed soon.

I like your rake, Egon. It looks like the rake assy. rotates up and then you have a ball hitch to pull a trailer with.:cool: Am I anywhere close to right?

/ The Farm July 2006
Well sorta Jinman.:) The rake is attached with 4 bolts. I usually take it off as soon as the raking is done.

The rake could use longer stiffer teeth as well as a larger size angle iron.

The tractor broke last Nov. 2005. Its been long since fixed. Replaced a few other parts that may have stressed due to steering wheel whiping around. [ drat that lack of power steering. Repairs set me back about $1200.

/ The Farm July 2006 #26  
Great set of photos, Egon.

Reminds us that even though we might want some new fangled piece of equipment, we likely don't actually need it.

I'm not sure everyone appreciates that reminder, though.

/ The Farm July 2006 #27  
those pics made me laugh. reminds me of some old pics that my grandparents have of them and my dad as a kid doing hay the old fashioned way b4 they had the money for a baler. only they used a horse and jdh instead of an orange tractor. i think we still have an old dump rake or 2 that i could donate instead of that pasture rake? it looks like you're using.

/ The Farm July 2006
There are dump rakes sitting along fence lines or with old machinery out here. I may have a peoblem pulling on as " The Farm " is sidehill. This really does not show up in the photos.

But hey, maybe I need a trip.:D

/ The Farm July 2006 #29  
farmerjim said:
those pics made me laugh. reminds me of some old pics that my grandparents have of them and my dad as a kid doing hay the old fashioned way b4 they had the money for a baler. only they used a horse and jdh instead of an orange tractor. i think we still have an old dump rake or 2 that i could donate instead of that pasture rake? it looks like you're using.

Hi Jim,
Funny that you should mention that ! My grandpop had a dump rake pulled by a team of horses. Then pitch forked onto hay wagon, pulled to the barn and transfered to the hayloft :eek: Talk about work :confused: To think I complain about hooking implements up to the 3PT hitch :) He had to unhook the horses from the dumprake to the haywagon :eek: Of course he couldnt do any of that until he had cut the hay with the horse drawn sicklemower :eek:

Oh boy, Im gettin tired just thinkin about it :)

/ The Farm July 2006 #30  
That's a nice place you have out there Egon. Seeing all that work sure brings it home. No wonder you love it. I think you did a great job documenting with the pictures too.
Thanks for sharing.