The gated community issue.

/ The gated community issue. #51  
If you have good enough Castle and Stand Your Ground laws, you wont need the lawyers.
There is no Castle Doctrine in any state that provide's fpr arming yourself then leaving the safty of your house to sneek up and tap the window of a parked car with a loaded gun.
Also use to get the meth heads or whatever parking in my drive at all hours. A walk down far side of the trees and tapping on their window with the .40cal soon put a stop to that.
If the people in that car had been armed and a gunfight insued,they would have stronger claim to stand your ground than you would. Guaranteed you would face a grand jury that would have no choice but hand down an indictment since you intentionally pursued them with a gun. The prosecuter would claim you clearly wanted to kill someone otherwise you would have stayed in your house. Your claim of only wanting to frighten them away would'nt sound true since you sneeked through trees instead of walking down the road in plain sight.
They would say you sneeked through the trees so that you would be in gun range when they finally saw you.
The other group were scrappers showing up when most people are at work. One I caught sneaking around and became pretty pushy when I asked him to leave and then noticed his partner leave the truck and try to flank me. Mr. .40cal came out once again and after a little negotiation about the current scrap value of lead, they decided to leave. That was the end to all my trespassers. I guess word got around..
People to which "word got around to"would witness your fondness for waving a gun around and appearant desire to shoot someone. If you ever face a problem involving firearms,what you say on public forums like this could be driving nails in your cell door.

/ The gated community issue. #53  
I'm feeling the same as stuckmotor. The gate would be no problem. The HOA and their rules - therein lies the problem.

So ........ I see that it will be just me and Brownie out here on the 80 until we both expire. This is definitely the best for everybody.

/ The gated community issue. #54  
There is no Castle Doctrine in any state that provide's fpr arming yourself then leaving the safty of your house to sneek up and tap the window of a parked car with a loaded gun.

If the people in that car had been armed and a gunfight insued,they would have stronger claim to stand your ground than you would. Guaranteed you would face a grand jury that would have no choice but hand down an indictment since you intentionally pursued them with a gun. The prosecuter would claim you clearly wanted to kill someone otherwise you would have stayed in your house. Your claim of only wanting to frighten them away would'nt sound true since you sneeked through trees instead of walking down the road in plain sight.
They would say you sneeked through the trees so that you would be in gun range when they finally saw you.

People to which "word got around to"would witness your fondness for waving a gun around and appearant desire to shoot someone. If you ever face a problem involving firearms,what you say on public forums like this could be driving nails in your cell door.
You're issue is using too much common sense.

/ The gated community issue. #55  
I don't consider a 'gaited community, rural. No gates out here and everyone is armed.
Really? I see tons of gates in rural parts of my area. Almost every estate with substantial property has gates.
We don’t have a lot of gated communities, though. Just not enougha crime for them.

/ The gated community issue. #56  
20210730_085556.jpg

/ The gated community issue. #57  

Nah.. Not in this state. Trespassing with intent is taken seriously here. I have absolutely *no clue* what your intentions are parking in a darkened car in my darkened driveway at 2am, but I am damn sure not gonna just sit there and let you do whatever you think you can do on my property without discourse. Are you there waiting for others to finish robbing me/break into my house, or just doing some drugs or getting a bl**job? Don't know. Don't care. You will be meet and challanged as to your intentions and then told to leave. Don't like it, park and/or try to steal from somewhere else.. Guarantee that property owner will do the same.

/ The gated community issue. #58  
Really? I see tons of gates in rural parts of my area. Almost every estate with substantial property has gates.
We don’t have a lot of gated communities, though. Just not enougha crime for them.
I have gates across my driveway. But they are not locked - they are to keep out stray livestock. Nevada is an "Open Range" state - which means if you don't want livestock on your property then it is YOUR responsibility to fence the livestock out.

/ The gated community issue. #59  
I have gates across my driveway. But they are not locked - they are to keep out stray livestock. Nevada is an "Open Range" state - which means if you don't want livestock on your property then it is YOUR responsibility to fence the livestock out.
I really like learning about how you all roll in Nevada. I have visited several times and I am amazed by the views, the mountain, the deserts and the people.

/ The gated community issue. #60  
I must say, I'm doing all I can to protect the criminals around here, cameras, lights, dog, fencing, My driveway gates remained closed, etc, I do all that for their protection ! Not mine !

Last edited: