Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
I've kind've been expecting this:

-----------------------

What happens when people want all the air fryers and then, suddenly, they don't

www.npr.org.ico
NPR|48 minutes ago
Big box stores are working through an unexpected glut of inventory: TVs, kitchen appliances, hoodies and other hot pandemic items. Part of the problem is the bullwhip effect.

--------------

Demand outweighed supply and drove prices up. Manufacturers responded by ordering more stuff that people wanted. Now there's more stuff than what people need.

Will we see the same with motor vehicles and tractors? Will there be more supply sitting on lots than people are buying? Will I be able to get a better than anticipated deal on the refrigerator I need? What will happen to used car/truck and tractor prices?

/ The Glut Cometh #2  
Just another George Foreman ............... ;)

/ The Glut Cometh #3  
We have had one for a few years now and love it, one of the new gimmicks that actually works, bit like the microwave.

/ The Glut Cometh #4  
I quite like my air fryer; my fat arse doesn't need a deep fryer, and baking fries takes any and all enjoyability out of them.

With regards to the actual article, I can't help but think a lot of this is heading our way.

/ The Glut Cometh #5  
The other part of the problem is the amount of spending due to new found wealth effect and/or unexpected windfall. People tend to spend money when they get that unexpected windfall like the stimmy checks. Now that those are pretty much spent and consumers are feeling pinched by increased prices on pretty much everything due to inflation and higher fuel costs, consumers are reducing spending.

FWIW, I like my air fryer and not having to clean up used cooking oil.

/ The Glut Cometh #8  
I value the opinion of NPR right down there with MSNBC. It's like, who cares?
They sometimes have things worth listening to. Just today they had somebody on explaining how unhealthy my gas stove is; all of the CO1 and benzene that it emits into the house. Also, the pilot light which puts methane into the air 24 hours per day whether I use it or not. I was all ready to rip it out when I got home tonight... until I remembered that my stove has electronic ignition rather than pilot lights, and that nice stainless steel hood I bought ejects all of the gases he states out into the air.
Plus when the power goes out I can light the burners with a match, instead of relying on my microwave. ;)

/ The Glut Cometh #9  
Plus when the power goes out I can light the burners with a match, instead of relying on my microwave. ;)
You must have one of those propane-powered microwaves or something. Mine doesn't work when the power's off. :oops:

As far as air fryers go, maybe it's just that everybody who wants one has one. Someone gave us one a few years ago, we used it once or twice but it was more of a PITA than it was worth. Noisy, and one of those things that no matter where you stored it it was in the way. Gave it away.

/ The Glut Cometh #10  
We bought an air fryer and tried it on a number of different recipes. Sent it back.

Edit: Never did care for fried air. We get enough of that during the Kansas summer.