The "GREENIES" will like this :)

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #2  
Those are some serious hours.:thumbsup:

John Deere Eh!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #3  
Wow!

If my 5410 lasts that long it will be time to put it away in about 500 years!:thumbsup:

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #5  
Dont believe everthing you read on internet. Do the math. Sounds fishy too me.

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #6  
Dont believe everthing you read on internet. Do the math. Sounds fishy too me.

So, you're saying the hour meter on the tractor is not accurate? Why don't you do the math for us and prove your assertion?

Tractor has 39,800 hours on it. Article said they put "over 35,000 hours on it." Meaning, he bought a used tractor with at least 4800 hours on it and has added another 35K hours.

That works out to 3500 hours per year. They're currently using it at an average of 9 hours per day (2800+ hours per year depending upon the number of days per week used). When he first got it they could have used it 12+ hours per day....for ?? number of years to get to the required 3500 hours over 10 years.

There are tractors that get used 24 hours per day during planting and harvesting - have seen them at 3:00 AM in eastern Colorado and have talked with the drivers during refueling - two 12 hour shifts.

Don't see the problem other than there's always someone on the Internet ready to use innuendo to "prove" something is "wrong."

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #7  
Let me see. The motor was replaced at 28,660 hours. How many saw or read that before the flame war started?

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :) #8  
Just said it sounds fishy. Does it not rain there? Do they not have a growing season and an off season? Do they bale hay year round? Bushog grass in the winter? Just sounds like too way many hrs. Btw I have been in those tractor seats @ 3a.m and feed cows all winter long and currently make my living putting as many hours per day as I possibly can on tractors and construction equip. This is why im skeptical, I know how many hours I can get on a good week with no breakdowns and no rain. But things breakdown here. It also rains here.

/ The "GREENIES" will like this :)
Just said it sounds fishy. Does it not rain there? Do they not have a growing season and an off season? Do they bale hay year round? Bushog grass in the winter? Just sounds like too way many hrs. Btw I have been in those tractor seats @ 3a.m and feed cows all winter long and currently make my living putting as many hours per day as I possibly can on tractors and construction equip. This is why im skeptical, I know how many hours I can get on a good week with no breakdowns and no rain. But things breakdown here. It also rains here.

It is the uk so they work all winter ploughing spreading manure, seeding ..remember this is a custom outfit !

Lots of tractors do 3000hrs a year over there .