The interview

/ The interview #1  

Mike_Dumond

Gold Member
Tractor
B6100D Kubota
I don't know if it's true, and it isn't a slam against women. With that said, I thought it was pretty cool.

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you got to love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what
things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them
climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit
irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be
properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a
terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be
teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to
become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a
prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

/ The interview #2  
Sure can't argue with that logic. Great comment, to my way of thinking.
Now, we don't know if she was? or wasn't. Hmmmmm?

/ The interview #3  
A good story, Mike, and been around awhile, but is it true?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/npr-reinwald.htm> this link</A>.

/ The interview #4  
The exact same story was circulating where I work last year..........

/ The interview #5  
<font color=blue>but is it true?</font color=blue>

Unfortunately 99% of stories like these that travel through Cyberspace are false. And thanks for the link! I didn't know of this one and it's been very interesting going through it.

/ The interview #6  
The Internet really lets these stories spread quickly. Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm>Snopes2.com - Reinwald</A>. This site is great for checking out what used to be called "urban legends" but are probably best called "Internet Legends".

/ The interview #7  
it certainly has been around for awhile .... and is generally believed ... especially by those who occasionally (or regularly) listen to the liberals that run NPR.

/ The interview #8  
Actually we just went over this last year on this very site!!

/ The interview #9  
OK! Which one of you has been sneaking around listening to NPR? Out! Out! Pinko wretches!/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

Chuck