Yellowstone is a truly magnificent place. A visit is an endulgence in this country's culture, history, natural history, geology, and political history.
I went there once and stayed for 4 years. No place like it on this planet.
Absolutely fabulous images...thanks for posting
These were all taken at our place during the various seasons.
1) Our pond right after we had it all regraded to obtain fill for our barn site. Spring 2013.
2) A sideways (sorry) view of the area west of the pond in late winter or early spring.
3) The view from our north-facing "front"porch during an ice storm winter 2023. (It faces away from the road, but it is the front of out house. We planted these pictured hemlock trees when we moved in in 1994. They were about 3-4' tall then, and now they are about 30' tall. We moved them out of the deep woods where they were overshadowed and they thrived.
4) The view from the deck off the living room at the back of our house down to our woods and pond during the ice storm 2013.
5) A view of our house from the spring of 2014. This is basically the reverse view of #2 taken from the driveway just to the west of the pond aiming northeast, the porch from #3 pictures the trees seen just left of our "new" barn (built in 12/2012 ) seen past the left end of our house.
6) Snow-covered trees along our driveway. Winter can be beautiful here, but I hates it nonetheless. If it were up to me, we'd be living in the AZ about a a mile in altitude, wherecwinters average 40 degrees, and snow only lasts about a day.
7) More snow-covered trees and brush along the driveway.
8) Getting bored with snow coveriing everything yet? Now you know how I feel about 2 weeks into the snowy part of our winters...
9) This are the cedars lining both sides of our driveway about halfway out to the road. They have really thick foliage so the heavy snow and ice can be devasting to them.
10) This is a view a little further up our driveway (not as far out toward the road) showing the same trees as #9 a little more clearly.
I know these were a lot of pictures important only to me, but you asked....