The Landscape thread

/ The Landscape thread #121  
DSC00003.JPG
FL000011.JPG

/ The Landscape thread #122  
From what I remember when I spent time around Lawton, the state is pretty flat, as the Wichita mountains seemed more like hills, and as a civilian, the drive from OKC to Norman and from Wichita KS to Norman was pretty flat as well.

The house tops with blue and turquoise water leave me scratching my head that the pics were not taken in Oklahoma? (water in the pic reminds me south of Florida outside the US, added I have no clue what northwest OK looks like).

/ The Landscape thread #123  
From what I remember when I spent time around Lawton, the state is pretty flat, as the Wichita mountains seemed more like hills, and as a civilian, the drive from OKC to Norman and from Wichita KS to Norman was pretty flat as well.

The house tops with blue and turquoise water leave me scratching my head that the pics were not taken in Oklahoma? (water in the pic reminds me south of Florida outside the US, added I have no clue what northwest OK looks like).
You got me. The first is a picture of Megan's Beach, St. Thomas, USVI. The second is Hawaii.

Western Oklahoma is pretty much in the Great Plains (West of I-35), but Eastern Oklahoma is really beautiful; no tall mountains, but lots of deciduous forests, lakes and flint hills.

/ The Landscape thread #124  
Some pictures from the trails at Cedar Lake in Southeast Oklahoma, November 2004:

CL 11-2004 (13).JPG
CL 11-2004 (2).JPG
CL 11-2004 (9).JPG
CL 11-2004 (60).JPG
CL 11-2004 (91).JPG

Last edited:
   / The Landscape thread #125  
Western Oklahoma is pretty much in the Great Plains (West of I-35), but Eastern Oklahoma is really beautiful; no tall mountains, but lots of deciduous forests, lakes and flint hills.
I've lived in NC for so long that I always thought it was a pretty big state for being on the East Coast. I forget how much "bigger" it is out in the Western States. Had to look, Oklahoma still has about 20,000 square miles more than NC.

/ The Landscape thread #126  
Man, I'd love to live there. Could you do me a favor and post pics of what it looks like in wintertime fishing there in the same spot?

I LOVE the lake where my wife grew up in Vermont when we visited in the summer time we use to always visit. Thing is, we never visited when it was winter season, mud season or fly season. Taxes was another story
I must take some, but her are a pic from my farm just a km away in the winter, usually not much snow, it's just 85 meters above sea level.
IMG_20210312_170604_1.jpg

/ The Landscape thread #127  
A new day and a another try at fishing, se if find some new photo possibilities.
IMG_20210731_150208_1.jpg

/ The Landscape thread #128  
Landscape and a old tractor ;)
IMG_20210731_150458.jpg

/ The Landscape thread #130  
Question: Where is this photo from ?

whr.jpg