The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Someone ask what I was putting in the barn; well here's some of it. My enclosed snow machine trailer is supposed to go where the small flat bed trailer and 4 wheelers are. It will when I get a shorter trailer. (less tall) I'll rearrange the crowded corner later on. Last fall I was trying to beat a storm that was coming and I was just getting stuff inside as quick as I could.
I took the last picture to show how much light the translucent panels let in. There are no lights on anywhere for the picture.
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG

Last edited:
   / The last Barn. (maybe) #93  
Why do some of these pics look like a commercial for whatever you put in front of it?

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #94  
Those panels really do let in a lot of light!!! I'm torn between doing something similar, and wanting to max out the insulation I put in the building, when I build mine. I love the look of your building too.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Those panels really do let in a lot of light!!! I'm torn between doing something similar, and wanting to max out the insulation I put in the building, when I build mine. I love the look of your building too.
Thanks Eddie,

If good insulation is your goal these panels might not be the best way to go. I would put in actual windows that you can insulate up next too.
If I ever insulate and heat this barn it will be with a used oil heater so leaking lots of heat out of these panels won't be such a big deal.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #97  
Insulation could also be put above the trusses bottom cord letting the top breath. That would not affect the trusses even if there were 0 dead weight on the bottom cord. It could be the typical bubble wrap insulation if you ever wanted to heat. I think the bubble wrap is used under the roof panels to help with sweating issues as temp. changes.

HOWEVER - I would not heat. Having a place to work that is heated is the best way to go because of the cost of heating the whole area. I was thinking the cost of the floor must have been $10K-$12K. Looks great.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Insulation could also be put above the trusses bottom cord letting the top breath. That would not affect the trusses even if there were 0 dead weight on the bottom cord. It could be the typical bubble wrap insulation if you ever wanted to heat. I think the bubble wrap is used under the roof panels to help with sweating issues as temp. changes.

HOWEVER - I would not heat. Having a place to work that is heated is the best way to go because of the cost of heating the whole area. I was thinking the cost of the floor must have been $10K-$12K. Looks great.
If I insulate I would foam the whole thing.
The floor concrete was more than double what you thought. :mad:

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #99  
I didn't think that. But I guess everything I think costs more than double what I thought they thought. I also never thought of foam. That is much better. Thanks.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #100  
His floor is 6,720 square feet. Poured 5" deep is 102 cubic yards of concrete. If it's $120 p/yard the concrete alone is $12,240.

So if he paid $24,000 he did good. That would be $3.57 per square foot. That's actually not bad at all.