The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #242  
Here's my take on the Confederate flag.

I lived in South Carolina and Georgia about 40 years ago. (loved it) The flag for me represents "southern pride" nothing more, nothing less.
And it's a part of who we are as a nation.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #245  
I'm new here. To be honest, I'm usually just a lurker looking for ideas and info on any forum. I registered just so I could tell you that this thread has completely disrupted MONTHS of planning my barn. I have never been more jealous of a collection of wood, metal, and concrete. This barn is incredible, and one of the best building threads I've come across. I don't think you could have done a better job. I know you said you wouldn't have done the trusses the way you did again, but doubling them on either side of the posts is genius. One of the more daunting thoughts I had about building mine was setting trusses. Individually, you have a headache of squaring those floppy things up, at height. This seems like the way to go. I moved on from the wooden truss option and I think i'm going with the metal trusses. They have the purlin saddles already laid out and the metal is a bit stiffer to deal with. I think it would work out better for me down here in Texas, especially as a DIY project. I have a powerstar 75 to help me out. I think i'm going to get a blank SSQA plate and fab up a boom to set them individually.

Anyway, I love the staggered building setup with the bays in the wings. Makes for great organization and separation or tools and materials. Bravo man. This thing is the ****. I can't wait to get started, but I have a few more months of saving and stomaching things like... 13k for dirt work :cry:

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #246  
Welcome to TBN. Glad you are here.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #247  
I'm new here. To be honest, I'm usually just a lurker looking for ideas and info on any forum. I registered just so I could tell you that this thread has completely disrupted MONTHS of planning my barn. I have never been more jealous of a collection of wood, metal, and concrete. This barn is incredible, and one of the best building threads I've come across. I don't think you could have done a better job. I know you said you wouldn't have done the trusses the way you did again, but doubling them on either side of the posts is genius. One of the more daunting thoughts I had about building mine was setting trusses. Individually, you have a headache of squaring those floppy things up, at height. This seems like the way to go. I moved on from the wooden truss option and I think i'm going with the metal trusses. They have the purlin saddles already laid out and the metal is a bit stiffer to deal with. I think it would work out better for me down here in Texas, especially as a DIY project. I have a powerstar 75 to help me out. I think i'm going to get a blank SSQA plate and fab up a boom to set them individually.

Anyway, I love the staggered building setup with the bays in the wings. Makes for great organization and separation or tools and materials. Bravo man. This thing is the ****. I can't wait to get started, but I have a few more months of saving and stomaching things like... 13k for dirt work :cry:
Remember to start a thread documenting your build. We all like to follow along and give you ideas after you just did something. Jon

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #248  
Got some more stuff done and tools ready to use. Fridge is ordered. :)

View attachment 754104View attachment 754105
Rough sawn lumber looks really good on those interior walls. Assuming you have vertical studs that you fastened the rough sawn boards to. What did you use for nailing the boards to the studs? Looking to do something similar but vertical boards instead of horizontal. Debating on what type of nail.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Rough sawn lumber looks really good on those interior walls. Assuming you have vertical studs that you fastened the rough sawn boards to. What did you use for nailing the boards to the studs? Looking to do something similar but vertical boards instead of horizontal. Debating on what type of nail.
Wow, sorry for the very late reply. I've been busy with all kinds of stuff. I used screws to fasten the rough cut wood to the studs.

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Back in post #92 I said I needed to get a snow machine trailer that would fit where it's supposed to go. Well, I got it. Had to drive all the way to New Hampshire to get it. They custom built it to fit my needs.

IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG