THE latest and surely the greatest .......

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #21  
Just an adjustment!
After many years I have come to the conclusion that anything that is adjustable is always out of adjustment!
Even an adjustable wrench.

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #22  
Go to brush your teeth, just find out its doing an update for the next ten minutes. :)

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #23  
Besides being unreliable the Phillips Hue were also notorious for terrible network security.

I work in tech. I won't have any appliances or devices that send data to the cloud or to an external server. Wifi is fine if it's purely local to my network and under my control. There aren't many devices like that though.

Unfortunately I fear that regular non connected appliances will soon disappear. People want the convenience and don't understand the privacy and security risks. And it's more profitable for manufacturers, in part because of all the user data they can harvest.

I share the same fear. I have also had other brands of smart tech, I have used Google Home and Apple Home…they are all unreliable.

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #24  
What model did you get? I see the top of the line one is $300

/ THE latest and surely the greatest .......
Mine is obviously a lesser model. It was $99. That price is bad enough. $300 would have been insane. For $300 it probably came with an operator.

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #26  
Mine is obviously a lesser model. It was $99. That price is bad enough. $300 would have been insane. For $300 it probably came with an operator.
That's called a dentist.

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #28  
Scanning the literature ...... you know - I can communicate with this new toothbrush thru my smart phone. I've got half a notion to do the interconnection. Just what in the world would a toothbrush have to say - ????
You talk to your tooth brush????

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #29  
FWIW: At the suggestion of our dentist, we have had them for decades and love them. (The non-bluetooth, base model.) They made a significant difference compared to hand brushing.

And of course, YMMV...

All the best,

Peter

/ THE latest and surely the greatest ....... #30  
It will access your card for the remaining $201 plus update fees