The Little Tractor that could, CK2510

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #1  

Vernorz

Tractor
Kioti CK2510, John Deere 5075e
This rock has been bothering me for a while now. It's in the middle of an area I'd like to plow up, so I figured it was time to see how big it really was. So with the little CK2510 and a knife, I started digging. I'd dig with the backhoe, and start scrapping dirt away from under the rock with the knife. Little by little, the rock that ended up being about as big as the tractor, began to move. About 3 hours later, the CK2510 triumphed, rolling the now boulder out of the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpg
    IMG_6036.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_6043.jpg
    IMG_6043.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_6054.jpg
    IMG_6054.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 293
Last edited:
   / The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #2  
Wow, that's impressive! Wish I was that patient, I would've gone around it. haha

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #3  
Nicely done. I can’t dig two feet without hitting 10 of those. That is some awesome looking soil!!

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #4  
Nicely done. I can’t dig two feet without hitting 10 of those. That is some awesome looking soil!!
Yes it is.. once I get more than a few inches deep I hit clay!

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #5  
Once I get a couple inches down I hit shale

I once had that same thing. A little dome of rock. After digging a while I realized it was the size and shape of a VW Beetle. It's still there and I mow around it.

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510
I certainly have a few of those too, mostly marble. I think I got lucky with this one.

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #7  
Funny how this works - i have just sand and easy soil; and we will be buying a couple rocks like this for a firepit area. Always greener, lol.

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #8  
Believe me I have moved a lot of boulders with my CK 30. My property was all bush mostly evergreens so most of you know it is rock and stump country lol. I cleared over 2 acres of trees with my little CK and of course with the help of a mini excavator. Lots of fun.

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510 #9  
I am about to purchase a family member's 2017 Kioti CK2510. I will be looking to add a backhoe and was wondering what size bucket would work well with this compact tractor ? I am impressed with the backhoe you used to excavate that boulder. What size bucket did you use ? Thanks.

/ The Little Tractor that could, CK2510
I am about to purchase a family member's 2017 Kioti CK2510. I will be looking to add a backhoe and was wondering what size bucket would work well with this compact tractor ? I am impressed with the backhoe you used to excavate that boulder. What size bucket did you use ? Thanks.
Sorry it took so long to respond, I don't visit the site as much as I used to. That is a 12" bucket on the backhoe. It works great with the the size of the tractor. It could handle a little bit bigger bucket(if there's one that would fit) as long as the ground isn't too compacted and there aren't many rocks.