The new baby L3800HST

/ The new baby L3800HST
Well really I want Friday evening and bought it/ made the deal went Saturday to pick it up and sign the paper work since the deal was made on the phone after I left since the wouldn't agree to my price tell after I left and was on my way home and they was really done closed . But the dealer has my phone and really is a Neighbor since he lives a 1/2 past my place .

And ya I had thinking about a L3800 for a few weeks . And me and my mom went to get the sprayer . And I showed her the L3800 since she had also been wanting a tractor she could Operate . Since she didnt like the big size of the m7040 I have and she can't really operate the old mf135 since it has no power steering and the clutch is pretty hard to push .

So the sales came out with the keys and put us on it . And after a hour or so of Negotiation he was still $500 shy of my offer and like said after we left he called and agreed to it so we got it . It was the last HST L3800 he had .

The tractor will be my moms/ hired hands that I hire to mow with it .
It's main duty will be to mow grass in a 20 acre peach orchard and do other piddle jobs .

Will probley be adding a 3rd function and a grapple or grapple claw on the bucket .
Any advice on the 3rd function I mite want .

Plus will probley be adding at least one rear remote since it doesn't have one . Any thoughts on the best route to go dealer or add my self .

And the rear tires will be flipped out wider . The dealer will be doing this for me as soon as the cruise control comes in for it had had him order since he said he would do it for free .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

Last edited:
   / The new baby L3800HST
Who takes a 20' gooseneck to go get a backpack sprayer? Hmmm? Congrats! :thumbsup:

24' lol and ya we didn't have the trailer when we made the deal wasn't but in a half ton truck .

/ The new baby L3800HST
Momma and baby in there #2 barn location .

image-13726659.jpg

image-4153595140.jpg

image-2707410123.jpg

/ The new baby L3800HST
What is written on the SMV sign on the L3800?

Dealers name . It's a sticker they put on it . But it will be removed .

/ The new baby L3800HST #17  
Well walked in to buy a backpack sprayer and ended up buying a L3800 HST Quick Attach loader - Ag tires - and a 5' land pride hog . Got a cruise control in the mail for it .

Gas'n up at the local CO-OP on the dealers dime

View attachment 365422

Got it home .

View attachment 365423

Guess you won't need the back sprayer for weeds. You can bring em down with your tractor!!
Good choice, looks great!

Jeff

/ The new baby L3800HST #18  
Man, what kind of sales school did that dealer go to? Backpack sprayer to L3800, that is an upsell. Congrats, you will not regret it.

/ The new baby L3800HST
Man, what kind of sales school did that dealer go to? Backpack sprayer to L3800, that is an upsell. Congrats, you will not regret it.

Well I have been in there 3-4 times in the last two weeks and hinted around about the L3800 . Guess he decided to try and sell it .

But ya I hope don't regret it. I just found the thread on here about the pto's over run stuff having problems running a tiller . One of the other reasons I bought it is to run a tiller . So I'm kind of sick right now after finding that thread .

But we will see this week I guess got about a half acre I need to till .

/ The new baby L3800HST #20  
Well I have been in there 3-4 times in the last two weeks and hinted around about the L3800 . Guess he decided to try and sell it .

But ya I hope don't regret it. I just found the thread on here about the pto's over run stuff having problems running a tiller . One of the other reasons I bought it is to run a tiller . So I'm kind of sick right now after finding that thread .

But we will see this week I guess got about a half acre I need to till .

Some threads you have to take with a grain of salt. I am not sure what thread you are looking at, but if overrun is your concern, you could always slap one of these on.

http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HTE&Product_Code=OR-660