The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare?

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare? #1  

Andy in Gap

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 187D
I was just wondering if any of you guys have been on or near any of the new CC/Yanmar tractors and what your impressions are. Are they built with the same Yanmar quality that we all know and enjoy? Would you buy one if your YM gave up the ghost? Will they still be reliable in 30 years, or are they basically the equal of all of the other compact tractors being built today?

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare? #2  
I'm sure the engine is the typical long life Yanny we all love. The rest, I'm not sure on.. Would I buy one? Even the small ones are $15,000 and up...

That's $14,000 higher than any of my three GT's I bought for basically the same size tractor...

So, maybe 20 or so years from now, but no sooner..

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare? #3  
I'm sure you know JD has been using the Yanmar deisel for something like 30 years. The New JD's leave something to be desired upon, the older ones from the 80's with yanmars are actually yanmars i beleive, some of them the sheet metal fenders and everything is identical. The new JD's in my opinion are junk for the price, but thats going on only one experience i have with my uncles 4400 he has had for 10 or 12 yrs since new. Engine, no complaints, everything else seems to have something wrong.

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare?
I know JD still uses the Yanmar diesel engine in a bunch of their compacts, and that the 650-1050 series were built entirely by Yanmar for JD. And they are great little tractors, but parts are starting to make them obsolete. I guess that's my question, are these new CC/Yanmars just the latest example of a contract tractor being built by Yanmar to market in the US for someone else, or is Yanmar gonna reenter the US market for good with their own tractors?

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare? #5  
Absolutely:confused:.

/ The new CC/Yanmars: How do they compare? #6  
The JD. Inspired 5103 that I use at 210 hrs. went in for Service. I could hear a small unusual sounding knock in it and sure enough the Dealer was in the motor replaceing a Rod and Bearings. My guess is they must have seen the Metal fragments in the Oil and Filter. They corrected it and haven't had any problems with it to the day. I really enjoy useing and it does everything easily it's was bought for ;)

Carey

Attachments

• 0724101838.jpeg
    0724101838.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 120