The new football helmets must be computeruzed

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
My grandson is almost eight. His football helmet cost $300.00:eek: and the WWW tells me they go up to at least $450.00. I know they're trying to prevent brain injury but what on earth do they put in kid's football helmets to make them so expensive?

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #3  
Inflation!

$300 for a football helmet isn’t really all that much.

Last edited:
   / The new football helmets must be computeruzed #7  
The school issued our helmets and got them back after the season.

Having played and coached both football and rugby, I think the helmet causes more dangerous injuries than it prevents. That 'armor' leads players to do dangerous things with their noggin. They would probably be better off with no face mask and a modern version of the old leather helmets...meaning soft cushion of some sort.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed
The school issued our helmets and got them back after the season.

Having played and coached both football and rugby, I think the helmet causes more dangerous injuries than it prevents. That 'armor' leads players to do dangerous things with their noggin. They would probably be better off with no face mask and a modern version of the old leather helmets...meaning soft cushion of some sort.
I think my grandson is playing at the Y and the helmet I had was for a three family "league" that one of the other country kids dreamed up. We were always short several players on each side.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #9  
I remember playing in empty lots with those toy 'NFL' helmets as kids.. sometimes I am surprised we survived childhood.

Yeah, my kids had to buy equipment down here for rec league. Drove me crazy. Back home, the rec leagues also issued equipment. I guess liability issues made them all leave it up to the parents to buy new every year...darn kids and growth.