The new football helmets must be computeruzed

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #22  
Ha, ha - YES - It can be all about how much folks value their brain. But riding a motorcycle at speed and coming off onto the asphalt - it's like being drug down a carrot grater. First the leather pants go, then your arms, up to your elbows - all that may be left is your head. Inside that expensive helmet.

I rode motorcycles for 55+ years. The fear of going down on asphalt was a driving force in my safe riding practices.
My brother retired from the Albuquerque fire department; among other things, he was the cook, plus he was with the emergency team that responded to the serious traffic accidents. I still remember his description of the motorcyclist who hit the pavement face first, going about 70 mph. The helmet wasn't a lot of help in this particular situation. I learned early on, that I couldn't master a horse or a motorcycle.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #23  
There is a Canadian retired moto GP superbike racer and hall of famer name Miguel Duhamel he said his biggest regrets was that he should've invested more in his protective gear early on in his career he endure lots of pain and miss a lot of time racing because of it..

I played many years of hockey with hand me down equipment it was often too big or too small but always outdated crappy equipment and I know how its like its not fun and it make you scare of things you shouldn't be and it hurt you game and development... when you are involve in extreme sports quality gear can save your life very easily, whether we are talking about a life jacket, snowmobile suite, motorcycle suite, boots or helmet you get what you pay for its not like electronic or fashion clothing its more then paying for the brand name. For safety gear you pay for the research/development and the superiority of materials.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #24  
There is a Canadian retired moto GP superbike racer and hall of famer name Miguel Duhamel he said his biggest regrets was that he should've invested more in his protective gear early on in his career he endure lots of pain and miss a lot of time racing because of it..
On our last trip to Ireland we met a couple who used to race motorcycles. They would work all week, then pack up for the weekend and go racing. It was not just about racing, it was fun, whole families were involved and it sounded like a welcoming and warm community.

The man had to use a cane which I assume was from a motorcycle injury. Daughter was engaged to another racer but he died before the wedding. They no longer raced but they were still involved in the community and they invited us to a motorcycle race north of Dublin. For better or worse, we could not go due to a scheduled meeting that could not be changed. :eek:🤬 We really, really, really wanted to go because we would have been back with the racing teams, I would have got some awesome photos, and it would have been great experience. Found out later, one of their friends died that day racing. :( If we had gone, I think we would have just been in the way, so to speak.

We met in a pub and we discussed the various risks one takes in life and they were happy with their choices.

Later,
Dan

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #25  
On our last trip to Ireland we met a couple who used to race motorcycles. They would work all week, then pack up for the weekend and go racing. It was not just about racing, it was fun, whole families were involved and it sounded like a welcoming and warm community.

The man had to use a cane which I assume was from a motorcycle injury. Daughter was engaged to another racer but he died before the wedding. They no longer raced but they were still involved in the community and they invited us to a motorcycle race north of Dublin. For better or worse, we could not go due to a scheduled meeting that could not be changed. :eek:🤬 We really, really, really wanted to go because we would have been back with the racing teams, I would have got some awesome photos, and it would have been great experience. Found out later, one of their friends died that day racing. :( If we had gone, I think we would have just been in the way, so to speak.

We met in a pub and we discussed the various risks one takes in life and they were happy with their choices.

Later,
Dan
wow ehn like you said it would've been a awesome experience but it was for the best that it didn't workout, it would've been a traumatic and uncomfortable experience for you guys ... sometime things happen for a reason ... these people know the risk, nobody want to see it and everybody wish it doesn't happen but in a way being so close of death is what make it so thrilling.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #26  
In 1975 I was playing baseball for the school team. I seldom played as I was a poor player on an awful team. Our equipment consisted of ancient halfhelmets that were ten sizes too large for any of us. I was pinch hitting in the ninth of a game we were loosing by a dozen or more. I dug in and stepped back as the ball looked like it was coming for my head and took two curveballs as strikes the third one didn't break and hit me in the ear sending that useless helmet flying. The next game we had a shiney new helmet with ear protection and could not use the old helmets.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed #27  
There was a question on Jeopardy a few days ago. “To prevent head injuries they recommended inflating this to less than 14 psi”. The correct answer was a soccer ball. One guy answered “football helmets”.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed
Today is the first day of practice. I want to examine that helmet for an air bag.

/ The new football helmets must be computeruzed
Today is the first day of practice. I want to examine that helmet for an air bag.
I finally got to examine the helmet. It felt like it was three times the weight of the one I had in '64, there was much more padding . Couldn't find an airbag.