The NEW TC55 with a cab.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab.
Did you look at the attached pictures in regards to the supposed "gapping hole" by the hydro pedals

The “gap” is a non issue for me, knowing no makes a perfect tracor. There are so many positive things about the 55 that they far outweigh the gap.

FYI, the Engineer did say that they will be moving the pedals to give more room to exit, the tractor on the left side.

What a Moron I was for not taking side by side pictures. I would love to see today what I was looking at yesterday, even the bucket was HUGE and has welded in eyelets for turn buckles, rather than welded hooks.

To my defense it was rainy and miserable, and coming from the Desert, it was a freezing 55 degrees, so I couldn’t take my hands out of my pockets:)

Also the NH booth was the busiest booth of the three at the show when I was there.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #12  
Larry, I never mentioned the "gaping" holes you refer to. I simply stated an observation. The pre-delivery plastic that is wrapped around pedals actually hides the gap a bit. But again, I thought it was a nice cab. I just find it hard to believe that the NH engineers couldn't have designed an enclosure below the pedals that would seal better. The AC/heater blower may cause enough positive pressure to minimize any draft. But for $6000 there shouldn't be any gaps. NH has fantastic cabs on their larger AG tractors and they are quite tight with respect to air leaks. I think they could have done a better job in just this one area.

I'm going out on a limb here and predict that they fix it within a year.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #13  
Kendall did they say the tractor would be have a whole make over like the front hood ?Are they going to have hst tranny ? Or is this just for the tc55 with cab ?

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #14  
Interesting report. Thanks for the info. You would think that every effort would be made to take care of details like that, but who knows what they think in R&D.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #15  
TCowner said:
Larry, I never mentioned the "gaping" holes you refer to. I simply stated an observation. The pre-delivery plastic that is wrapped around pedals actually hides the gap a bit. But again, I thought it was a nice cab. I just find it hard to believe that the NH engineers couldn't have designed an enclosure below the pedals that would seal better. The AC/heater blower may cause enough positive pressure to minimize any draft. But for $6000 there shouldn't be any gaps. NH has fantastic cabs on their larger AG tractors and they are quite tight with respect to air leaks. I think they could have done a better job in just this one area.

I'm going out on a limb here and predict that they fix it within a year.

All NH cabs and all cabs in general have gaps like this. The only way to remove any gap is to make everything controlled by electric so all you have is little wire harnesses running thru. NH is good at hiding them under plastic and such so you don't notice them but they are there.

How would you remove this gap and still allow the pedal to function properly. Remember, this item has to hold up over time also so it has to be able to take abuse from cold, heat, sand, snow, ice, water, wind, vibration and shock loads and anything else you can think of. Oh yeah, you have to keep the price down also.

I am not trying to argue but to just bring up a point. It is impossible to make these things completely air tight and still have them half way affordable. I know how it can be done but it is not easy and cheap and you have a lot more areas that can break down. If you look close enough at any cab on the market you will find gaps like this if not bigger hidden under plastic shrouds so they are hard to see.

A cab is designed to keep the elements out and keep you comfortable while doing so.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #16  
Robert_in_NY said:
All NH cabs and all cabs in general have gaps like this...How would you remove this gap and still allow the pedal to function properly....I am not trying to argue but to just bring up a point. It is impossible to make these things completely air tight and still have them half way affordable....If you look close enough at any cab on the market you will find gaps like this if not bigger hidden under plastic shrouds so they are hard to see....A cab is designed to keep the elements out and keep you comfortable while doing so.

Robert,
Thanks for offering some "defense" on the cab issue. Its human nature to want to tear something apart and that only tells me that person is actually interested in owning one and is beginning the objection process. :)
Its all part of reasoning and reassuring yourself that you got the best deal even though you found "flaws" with the product along the way that you could use as bargaining tools even though you know they are not going to be an issue down the road during operation.

Let's face it, this is a tractor, not something you drive to work 50 miles every day. (although I know some that would probably want to! :) ) And for a tractor, its pretty darn nice and comfortable. Think back just 50 years ago or so at the quality and comfort available then. Come on, no power steering, a STEEL seat with no padding, PTO's running brush hogs that would push you into the street at the end of the field if you weren't careful...think how this tractor looks to those farmers. Its a slice of heaven on wheels. Heck, some of the larger series like the TM & TG's even drive themselves now with GPS guidence systems! How much longer before you do it all from your kitchen table with a laptop and a joystick? :)

Either way, people are allowed to have their opinion and are certainly allowed to let every else know what that opinion is. As for me, my opinion is I love this tractor and I am proud to represent it! :)

Thanks,
Larry

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #17  
Hi Larry, my post wasn't meant to come to anyones defense really. It was meant to help people understand the purpose of a cab on a tractor. Cabs have come a long way though from the original soundgard cabs (that was a stupid design) to the new current clear view cabs. Heck, the old Hiniker cabs were nice back in their day but there is no way I would want to work in one all day long now. Who knows, maybe in 10-20 years we will see cabs that float above the tractor so you don't feel any shock or vibrations and have no holes for the elements to get thru. You just sit in the bubble as the tractor does all the work the computer tells him. And if you don't want to stick around you just float the bubble back home and leave the tractor to finish the job on its own ;-) Have fun up there.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #18  
Robert_in_NY said:
Hi Larry, my post wasn't meant to come to anyones defense really. It was meant to help people understand the purpose of a cab on a tractor. Cabs have come a long way though from the original soundgard cabs (that was a stupid design) to the new current clear view cabs. Heck, the old Hiniker cabs were nice back in their day but there is no way I would want to work in one all day long now. Who knows, maybe in 10-20 years we will see cabs that float above the tractor so you don't feel any shock or vibrations and have no holes for the elements to get thru. You just sit in the bubble as the tractor does all the work the computer tells him. And if you don't want to stick around you just float the bubble back home and leave the tractor to finish the job on its own ;-) Have fun up there.

Robert,
I was hoping you wouldn't think that I thought you were defending anyone, that's why I put it in quotes. I was more agreeing with you on the point of a cab in its simplist form and function.

You know, your vision of the future is not far off. NH's TerraGlide system on their larger tractors is already pretty close to a "bubble". It reacts to occilations of the axle and reacts to counter the frame and cab movement and really smooths out the ride. Again, its the major manufactures trying to compete and make their tractor the most comfortable and innovative to operate. Have you ever seen the cab of TS tractor or the new combines? Its downright futuristic! All that power and control within fingertip reach.

You know my grandfather was a farmer (so was almost everybody elses :) ) and I spent many summers on the farm. All the hard work picking and stacking bales, picking rocks (by hand!), riding the cabbage planter, cleaning the stalls and pens and so on gave me a pretty good feeling at the time (12 years old) that I did not want to be a farmer.

I would definitely consider differently now with all the new "toys" available on the market that really make it bearable to plow a field all day or drive the automatic baler stacker, or even sit back and let the tractor drive itself as it plants to within 1" accuracy in row changes using GPS!

Not to say that the days aren't long and the work is'nt still back breaking, I just think the tractor comunity has more tech gadgets availalbe to them then the general public realizes. It is thier input that steers the direction and vision of the majors and it only gets better everyday to the point that even the sundowner can afford to run the best!

Thanks Again Robert,
Larry

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab. #19  
Robert_in_NY said:
How would you remove this gap and still allow the pedal to function properly. Remember, this item has to hold up over time also so it has to be able to take abuse from cold, heat, sand, snow, ice, water, wind, vibration and shock loads and anything else you can think of. Oh yeah, you have to keep the price down also.

Robert, I would suggest that anyone who wants to seal this gap could do it easily with something similar to a gearshift boot in a sports car. If it is that important that you seal all the gaps (rodents or spiders setting up housekeeping in your cab) then it could be done. I don't think the gap is that much of an issue (only an observation, actually), but I don't altogether disagree with TCowner about the likelyhood of it being changed in the future.

How about that tiny windshield washer reservoir? Why didn't they put that somewhere inside the cab? Waaa! Waaa!:rolleyes:

And Larry...that is one spiffy cab in my book. Thanks for giving us the photo preview. I don't think you'll have that tractor long enough to even have to wipe the dust off of it. You have a very nice product there.:) You can send that cabbed TC45DA down here to Texas where I can give that cab a real workout around my tree limbs.:eek: Just kiddin';)...I would love to have a cab, but my tractor use would surely bust it within a week. I'll just have to vicariously enjoy the cabs through the folks who end up talking about them here.

Other things I noticed...Is that also a new emergency brake handle and a new directional signal stalk? I admit I have not looked closely at the last two year's tractor models, but I don't remember seeing those improvements.

/ The NEW TC55 with a cab.
Are they going to have hst tranny

FULLULL:
Now that’s interesting. When I mentioned that I needed HST to power a Bradco trencher so as not to burn up the clutch on a non HST tractor, one guy piped in with something to the affect of “wait”, while the other guy quickly gave him the evil eye for saying that. Now did he just let out a secret hmmmmmm.

Not a redesign as far as the tractor, just the cab and redesigning the pedals on the floor, from they spilled to me.

For me the fact that the 55 was a whole lot beefier ( frame tires engine lift height etc. ) that the 45 it’s a no brainer, but waiting till Spring or Fall is killing me.