The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price"

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #221  
I think the fendts look like a sweet machine but have never seen one around here.

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #224  
There is a lot of difference in the cost of mass marketing a bearing rather than having it identified specifically for a narrow market segment and having it available at dealers around the world for when somebody walks in the door. Also is that a Timken bearing from Amazon - especially if it is built in China? How much do you really know about that bearing, i.e. the heat treatment of the steel, the precision of the grinding, the runout, etc.
I know enough considering the bearing duty involved. Failure was from water entering the bearing due inadequate design protection in the equipment. I couldve gotten the generic Chinese bearings for $3 and they would have probably lasted as long. I wouldve paid JD $40 with barely a raised eyebrow. 10 to 30 X pricing is abuse.
Also, according to Timken .. "when a Timken part is made overseas, it is made with machinery supplied by timken, materials supplied by timken AND a timken engineering team onsite at all times, so rest assured, it's a high quality Timken part."

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #225  
I know enough considering the bearing duty involved. Failure was from water entering the bearing due inadequate design protection in the equipment. I couldve gotten the generic Chinese bearings for $3 and they would have probably lasted as long. I wouldve paid JD $40 with barely a raised eyebrow. 10 to 30 X pricing is abuse.
Also, according to Timken .. "when a Timken part is made overseas, it is made with machinery supplied by timken, materials supplied by timken AND a timken engineering team onsite at all times, so rest assured, it's a high quality Timken part."
Timkin is good stuff. Just have to make sure its genuine. Amazon is flooded with counterfeits.

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price"
Allegedly true but as with all things there are long term effects and those pay not to work programs got a lot of people into social programs that they could not get into before and are still on them. There are still many who never got off the government teat after having it.

A small percentage of the workforce. A lot of the labor shortages are due to mass retirements of baby boomers and a smaller workforce of younger replacements due to lower birth rates. Also, a lot of younger people aren’t interested in some of the jobs where vacancies are common. This is a structural issue in our society that isn’t as simple as you suggest. I want to add that in my field we went a long time without bringing on younger people, that we are experiencing mass retirement and not enough mid career people to fill upper leadership and we are doing mass hiring recruitment for entry level positions.

What on earth does any of this have to do with comparing JD and Kubota to other tractor brands? Heck, what does it have to do with tractors, period?

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #227  
What on earth does any of this have to do with comparing JD and Kubota to other tractor brands? Heck, what does it have to do with tractors, period?
Nothing. Looks like thread drift. We bad.

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #228  
All good threads drift from time to time.

/ The next guy that claims "green (or orange) paint doubles the price" #230  
Fendt is very big in my area.