the price of gas engines amazes me

/ the price of gas engines amazes me #21  
Similar scenario, Northern has an edger for $269
To repower my old one they want about $249 for an engine.

Mass production=lower costs

/ the price of gas engines amazes me #22  
What amazes me is that around 1980 my aunt bought a cheap push mower at TSC for $99 and you can still buy a cheap push mower with some added safety features 25 years later for $99. I would have thought that inflation and steel prices would have driven up the price.

/ the price of gas engines amazes me #23  
I looked at some of these Tiawianese and or Chinese OHV engines at a Homier dealership. They appear to be copies of the Hondaline. The quality appears to be pretty good stuff. They are all over Ebay. 5.5's are dirt cheap price. Pulls and E/S selections. I was thinking of getting one sometime to play with.
thx
Jim

Attachments

• 650350-DSC00092.JPG
    650350-DSC00092.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 108
   / the price of gas engines amazes me #24  
Odd that you would mention "Clinton" and "bent crankshaft" in the same sentence! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ the price of gas engines amazes me #25  
When I was a kid I managed to throw a rod on my dad's mower. I was cutting the strip of grass between the curb and the sidewalk when I let the mower drop off the end of the walkway. The concrete stopped the blade immediately but the piston wasn't quite ready to stop. The broken rod punched right through the side of the engine.

That weekend is not one of my fondest childhood memories.