The Resting Place.

/ The Resting Place. #313  
Steve McQueen was in the navy, that’s were they think he was exposed.
My Dad was in Navy WWII. He said one of his jobs was putting asbestos on pipes. He said it was like a flour barrel, he would mix with water packing it on, when through he said he was covered with it...then showered.
Of course no respirator, goggles, gloves.

/ The Resting Place. #314  
Bob Dole dies at 98.

Senate leader, presidential candidate Bob Dole dies at 98 | AP News

Bob-Dole-Family-Wife-Children-Dating-Net-Worth-Nationality-800x445.png

/ The Resting Place. #315  
About 15 years ago I took my wife and kids to DC. One day we were down on the mall looking at the sights, and I see this little old guy in a wheelchair talking to other old guys. There's a couple security-looking guys standing by the guy in the wheelchair. I take a closer look, and it's Bob Dole. I talked to one of the security guys and apparently Dole made a habit out of getting out and talking to the people, especially veterans, on the mall. Seemed very cordial and attracted a small crowd.

/ The Resting Place. #317  
Al Unser, four-time Indy 500 winner, dead at 82
Unser is part of an elite club of four-time winners of 'The Greatest Spectacle in Racing'

Fox News

Al Unser, a driver who won the Indianapolis 500 four times during his career, died following a long illness at his home in Chama, New Mexico, Indianapolis Motor Speedway said early Friday

Last edited:
   / The Resting Place. #318  
Used to watch the Unsers race on the dirt track in Albuquerque in the late 50's. They drove a racer with a Ford flathead, with the motto "Flatheads Forever". They gave that up eventually, when the small block Chevys started eating them alive.

/ The Resting Place. #319  
Used to watch the Unsers race on the dirt track in Albuquerque in the late 50's. They drove a racer with a Ford flathead, with the motto "Flatheads Forever". They gave that up eventually, when the small block Chevys started eating them alive.
Yep 2Lane, he was from our era . . . RIP Al.

/ The Resting Place. #320  
Micheal Nesmith of The Monkees died today. He was 78. Used to watch the Monkees saturday mornings as a kid. Loved his song "Lucy and Ramona"