The Storm is coming in November.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #31  
New machine good. Cheaper and better than it ever was. Not too long ago Mark would have been badmouthed as a shitty importer and peddler of junk and try to make the argument that his brand name machine was a bargain in comparison.
I worked out but for myself a long time too where (I was a purchaser/user and have this stuff a long time. My Bud who is a genius electronic type in TV repair says its all junk but the truth is I aint gonna repair a 10 yr old tv I paid 75 for. Can buy new for near that price and is state of the art.
I think the imported tool is revolutionary. Despite some belief the Sears is as good today as it was in 1980 and it cost only 1/4 as much.
That generic is used worldwide, rebadged under all kinds of schemes and in some cases even spec built,,, lots of internal pieces used in pricey models, the base might be the same.
The brand has paid off. The Snapons have done their job well and managed to raise price insanely. Same old tool while the lower end has near been run out by a generic serviceable tough tool lasted 20 yrs,,, we thought we would try it and see if it made the week or someone gave it to us and they all got blended in and some cheap azz wrenches now prize possesions I hate to lose.
They made money at the first turn. I didnt need to make payments and we stil;l have the sales sold with the pitch,,, it will have some resale, it wont last 30 yrs,,, all bullshit.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #32  
So a guy tries to sell me a tractor says,,, I t will resale better in 10 years, I say,,, show me... He fumbles and the real math is I get 5 more large in 10 if I spend 10 more today.
What does it have to do With Everlast? Anybody with a pinch of **** can afford one of these fine machines and almost or totally stupid if they need it and dont buy one. It would be totally different if they didnt work or last a long time.
I have gained new respect for the modern economy tool. Its astronomical how good it got and how cheap it is. Same fuggin wrench cost 10$ in 1980 and 2 today.
Same for the welder, its there and stabilize a little now but packed with features, professional DC weighs 11# and cost less than obsolete AC did just a couple yrs ago,,, for quite a while maybe.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #33  
I only have my own view, some analitical, mostly speculative and I would have been wrong if you asked 30 yrs ago. The products are now so generic a lot of brand loyalty is fading and the stuff and its "people" are a commodity.
I would be interested to know how Everlast has been competing with HF? He pretty much has to sell above that to make any money? Snapon and its dealers are not known for economy tools. I really dont need to spend 40 a wrench to put some kid in China out of work. Anyone know the actual production cost of a premium wrench?
The deals are not a 25% sale on a 700$ wrench set but on the shelf at HF or Walmart for bringing a tough tool in to the competitive market at 27$ and a breaker bar if pick the right model at under 15$ is something else.
I love the golden arm,,, would trade the whole tool set for 1 Snappy wrench. We did have a dumb azz manage to break the bar,,, 6 ft pipe and jumping on it but couple more we abuse bad for a long time.
HF put some on the fire, they have crossed from hobby and crisis buys to besty too supplier in the country, off the shelf, so many stores that only other big vendors hanging on to brands can compete.

/ The Storm is coming in November.
They gain more customers by copying our trade dress and even parts out of our manual. I've caught them stealing art work etc. They've been sued and settled on this a couple times in recent history. That speaks for itself. They gain a whole different class of customers this way, that well, we probably don't need. A 90 day warranty plus a add on that makes it more expensive than our 5 year doesn't really compete.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #35  
I dont know a thing about Mark, we aint pals but I bout bet he earned every penny in this deal. I respect the work. If he can put the kids thru college doing this great, he aint getting it all in one deal or a couple customers thats about certain. I think you could buy 1 of Everything he has for a price new blue.
When every item was so hi priced it came with a salesperson blowing sunshine up the ass, kind of ambivalent about it all now that we can get the same thing in a different box or even under white label.
I might make a decision about buying due to the participation Mark gives forums but it doesnt really cost me anything.

Here is a video that weld.com did for an evaluation. Please note, I do not recommend using TIG on this unit. At best it is scratch start and will require a TIG rig. That means no amp control or gas solenoid built in for it. And with arc force control in stick (which is the mode you'd have to do TIG on), amps will go up and down as arc length changes. It'll work in a pinch or out in the field on pipe, but not approved by Everlast officially. Weld.com decided they thought it would be cool to add, but really when people want to tig weld, they won't be happy.

Here's one of our own videos, with a little better detail and description imho.