The Storm is coming in November.

/ The Storm is coming in November.
So your container ship from China finally unloaded. Happy for ya. Wasn't the Evergiven was it?
We had a slow down in shipments a few months back, but everything has been in stock fairly consistently for a while now. We've learned to compensate our shipping schedule. But one container? No it was many different ones.lol. It's still slow and backed up but that was quite a few containers ago I guess. Don't underestimate our size/volume. Our shipments don't come through any canal that I know of and while that was a slow down in shipping world wide, not from our source. The volume now in the port has grown to 70 odd ships though from the 40 when we were really needing inventory, but at least its more steady now. I know miller/lincoln/esab were sweating too, with lack of parts and units for a while. In fact they, from what I heard through the grapevine were far worse off than we were.

Last edited:
I priced my MTS251si on Amazon Prime and direct from Everlast + shipping. The net price was within ~$10 either way. I bought from the company. btw, with my shaky hands the synergic function is a must-have. That also means I don't TIG and had to buy a separate plasma cutter. If I'd waited for the Storm ...
It's definitely more advanced synergic than the older 251si design.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #13  
We are in a 3 Phase building. Is this compatible with 208 vac?

As long as it stays at 208 and doesn't drop below 205. Usually 208 in good areas reads 211V or so.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #15  
What plug comes on it?

/ The Storm is coming in November. #16  
Do the instruction manuals list wire and breaker?

The standard plug for all 240v welders in the usa: nema 6-50. It includes a 120v adapter pig tail.

/ The Storm is coming in November. #19  
Yes, i see the current, thus leaves it up to the installer to extrapalate the wire size? But if it comes 6 50 then it is allowed on 50A circuits

Last edited:
Because of the nec and article 630 and its specific recommendations for welders which diverge from standard codes, and conflicts with local interpretations of it and even misunderstandings of it, along with complications from your home/ shop owners insurance provider if there is ever an issue, we do not (as with many other manufacturers) provide actual recommendations. We recommend you use a local electrician to make any installation. I will say this: The i1max and I1eff currents and duty cycle we provide are exactly what is needed to size your breaker and wiring. Furthermore the distance from your panel box and whether or not it is a dedicated circuit or not will dictate changes in sizing correctly as well. There is no blanket recommendations to offer. To sum it up, use an electrician and or refer to article 630 of the nec.