The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year!

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
Every year, I try to add some sort of compost to the garden,,
so, my my wife mentioned she had tax documents to get rid of,,,
She mentioned firing up a burn barrel, or find a shredding facility,, I figured the worms would love the paper,,

Newspapers have been a favorite worm food in past years,, I figured the worms would LOVE my tax records.

I opened a furrow with my rotary plow, I guess any plow that turns over a furrow would work;

WCdI9eO.jpg

Then I laid the documents in the furrow about one inch thick;

CQxdZkY.jpg

Next, I used the plow to cover the documents;

0w1uSrs.jpg

I sprinkled some high nitrogen fertilizer on the documents to promote decomposition;

EcxN95C.jpg

I needed 3 furrows to get rid of all the records,, here it is after the last furrow was plowed;

DXk1hq1.jpg

Over the next 36 hours we are supposed to get 2 inches of rain,, that should soak the paper well,,

Maybe I will plant corn and use the tax man's records to grow what I need to make untaxed moonshine!!
LOL!

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #2  
Great pics - imaginative way to use "excess" paper. I've buried cardboard here - in my own personal landfill operation - and its still cardboard fifteen years later. Must be our semi-arid environment. Also - could be that the layer of volcanic ash laid down in 1980 inhibits organic breakdown. I gotta admit - my "soil" sure looks nothing like yours - mine is either jet black and quite acidic(pine needle breakdown) or ashen grey(mixture of volcanic ash).

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #3  
Are you not afraid of some garden weasel stealing your identity?

I had that same Gravely plow and a PRO 8 with a big Kohler. Neighbor always thought a helicopter was near.

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year!
Are you not afraid of some garden weasel stealing your identity?

I had that same Gravely plow and a PRO 8 with a big Kohler. Neighbor always thought a helicopter was near.

I have nothing to steal,, so the garden weasel is better off chasing grubs,,, LOL!!

Yes, I have a 12HP one,, the engine will really "thump" when it gets a heavy load,,,

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #5  
DSC02664b.jpg Got thinking about it, I guess it was a 12. I guess you have the old to new attachment adapter plate. Kind of miss the old girl. Those two wiring crimp connectors where the hood hinges, had two little American flags, that I put on there after 911. Bush fooled even me! He said if you aint with em, your againim, so I wanted to be with him.

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #6  

I put a few hundred hours being towed behind one of those Gravelys in a two wheel sulky seat while mowing the ball fields for the athletic dept. after school. Don't miss them at all, if you got careless and turned going uphill it would teach you a painful lesson. AKA the *** crusher. :)

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #7  
EXACTLY! Or needing new knee caps. I had the steering type sulky. IT sure took you on a wild amusement park style ride when turning. That, with that rotary plow would have made the thing a mile long with no pivot point at all. Running after that thing used to be my exercise program. Couldn't even have a beer while cutting grass either.

/ The TAX Man Will Feed My Family, This Year! #8  
I seem to recall some big brewha a few years ago people where using newspaper for weed control mulch in their gardens and some were concerned about heavy metal residue in the inks.