The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #21  
Not sure why you are posting this? It is textbook... I see these multiple times a day. If we all came on here declaring that the scam we saw on FB Market or CL was a scam.... there would be no other content here.
So what exactly is your point in replying?

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #22  
When I was looking for my tractor, I searched CL a lot to see if I could find any deals. I came across a lot of these wonderful machines for an extraordinarily low price for the great shape they were in. There are MANY of these out there. The thing I don't get is, who is doing it, why are they doing it, and SHIRLEY they are not actually getting money from people in response to these ads. It drove me crazy to see these, cause it took me time to open the ad only to go on to the next one. I get the random emails from the Nigerian Princess. They might get one in 100,000 to send them money for an easy Bot to send out emails. But it takes time and a bit of effort to post on CL and other sites. Its like they are posting these ads just to make me waste my time. Arrrrrgh! ! ! OK, I'm done.
They wouldn't put in the effort if no one fell for it. They're making money off someone.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #23  
They're making money off someone.
And that's why posts like this are worth doing. Most folks will not admit they didn't recognize the posts are scams, but it may just help to warn off the unwary. Despite all of the publicity about elder scams I see one or two listed each week in our local paper's crime report where a substantial amount of money was taken from some uninformed person.

The worst thing about all of these ads is you cannot be sure if the sale is a legitimate bargain or just another scam attempt. There are lots of ads for equipment that are just a few thousand below where they should be and are scam attempts since they keep appearing, but every once in a while a real ad appears in the same price range that I don't bother responding to because of the scammers. Makes it tough on the sellers and buyers.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #24  
And that's why posts like this are worth doing. Most folks will not admit they didn't recognize the posts are scams, but it may just help to warn off the unwary. Despite all of the publicity about elder scams I see one or two listed each week in our local paper's crime report where a substantial amount of money was taken from some uninformed person.

The worst thing about all of these ads is you cannot be sure if the sale is a legitimate bargain or just another scam attempt. There are lots of ads for equipment that are just a few thousand below where they should be and are scam attempts since they keep appearing, but every once in a while a real ad appears in the same price range that I don't bother responding to because of the scammers. Makes it tough on the sellers and buyers.
If someone is going to sell a piece of equipment locally they will post on craigslist. If someone wants to sell nationally they will post on tractor house. Selling a tractor from out of state on a local website doesn't make sense.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #25  
Once when looking for an MG sports car I rec'd and offer from an overseas soldier that had all the earmarks of a scam.
Yeah, out of country, see at a friends, wire transfers etc.

But I did follow it up as it was not too far and to my surprise it was the real deal.

The custodian even had , on hand, the complete maintenance history receipts etc.
Turned out it was the soldiers 'toy' and he had been re assigned for another tour.
No, I did not make the buy for other reasons (like missing the soft top and how to transfer it plus the logistics of moving it un registered or plated short of a costly flatbed move)
Also even boosting we could not get it to run.

Yes, it was legit but simply not practical and short of my goal.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #26  
That MG did have the initial hallmarks of a scam. Being able to physically see the product for review eliminates a whole lot of scams.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #27  
Saw my old Ford 3000 for sale om FB shortly after I sold it locally. Had my son call, tractor was at a distant location but the seller would bring it back if a substantial down payment was made in advance. They even used my original pic in the ad.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #28  
Back in the day, I sold a lot of hay on CL. Probably 80% of the respondents never showed up and of the rest, most wanted to low ball me. Very few upstanding 'buyers' on CL or FB Market place.

Having been doing it for a while now, I have established customers so I don't have to advertise anymore.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #29  
Saw my old Ford 3000 for sale om FB shortly after I sold it locally. Had my son call, tractor was at a distant location but the seller would bring it back if a substantial down payment was made in advance. They even used my original pic in the ad.
Photo shop and cut and paste are real popular today.

/ The Tractor Scam 2018 Kubota Grand L4760 #30  

And then there is the story of the $100 Mercedes.
This supposedly happened back in the 1980s. A guy sees an ad for a nearly new Mercedes sports car for $100 and thinking it was either a joke, a scam, or a typo decided to follow up on it anyway. It turned out to be the real deal. Some guy had abandoned his wife and ran off with his secretary. After a few months he is starting to run low on cash so he contacts his abandoned wife and says "Sell my Mercedes and send me half of the proceeds." Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Supposedly a true story