There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
WOW this is the most I have seen on TBN at any one time. What is the record?? Why do you think so many anonymous folks do not sign up for TBN?? Spring must be tractor buying season. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why do you think so many anonymous folks do not sign up for TBN?? )</font>

Many of the anonymous users are regulars, they just haven't bothered to log on. You don't need to unless you're makeing a post.

Cliff

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #3  
Members can also have "Do you want to be visible on the Who's Online screen?"
set to no.

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #4  
We now have 53 regulars and 688 anonymous on line.
A record for sure.
PJ

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #5  
Now 63 users and 730 vistors are online. The winter olympics must be over with> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why do you think so many anonymous folks do not sign up for TBN?? )</font>

That isn't unique to TBN, it happens on every web forum and happened on newsgroups and BBS long before there were web forums. Similar to public speaking far more people are comfortable reading (or listening) than in putting themselves out there and giving their opinion.

John

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #7  
Just now it said: 65 registered and 886 anonymous users online.

A thousand here, a thousand there, and pretty soon, you're talking some real numbers ... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Actually we don't "save" the number of simultaneous users, because it fluctuates all the time.

A few months back, I happened to notice there were 1,100 or so users on at once. Muhammad & I agreed that was the most we could recall seeing.

Many message boards that show the "highest" number of users ever online, "cheat" by adjusting the "window" of time that is used to calculate the "most" number of users.

Some boards use several hours, or even the whole day to calculate the users on "now." That is how they can show 275 users on at once, when they only have 50 members! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The TBN number is accurate to within a few seconds.

We do log the number of daily posts, weekly posts and monthly posts, and can compare to prior periods. In addition, we know how many new users there are each day, week and month.

We do know that our user activity numbers overall are up around 10% over last year. Also, in general, posts slow down thru the late Fall, and start back up again in the spring -- which is starting to happen now.

Because we have some advertisers, our traffic numbers of monitored and verified by third party services to make sure we have delivered the traffic we promised to advertisers.

On average we get about 125,000 unique visitors per month, who look at several million pages monthly. Whether it's a hundred or a thousand users on at one time, you guys (and gals) keep things jumpin', that's for sure.

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #8  
And here we go, just as I made my post : over 1,000 users online: /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

67 registered and 918 anonymous users online

/ There are 51 registered and 523 anonymous users on #9  
your probably including search engine spiders and AOL users who come though dozens of different proxys right? I know from the sites that I run about 1/3 of the "traffic" is composed of that.