They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #42  
As I have gotten older.. The more liquid a dairy product is, the less I can tolerate it...

I can use milk, sour cream, buttermilk, cheese and like to cook with and all is OK.. I can eat a small gob of sour cream or cottage cheese on a baked potato OK... No more than 2 times a year will I eat a bowl of cereal with milk... And when I do, I have consequences...

My 5 cents of experience...

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #44  
As I have gotten older.. The more liquid a dairy product is, the less I can tolerate it...

I can use milk, sour cream, buttermilk, cheese and like to cook with and all is OK.. I can eat a small gob of sour cream or cottage cheese on a baked potato OK... No more than 2 times a year will I eat a bowl of cereal with milk... And when I do, I have consequences...

My 5 cents of experience...
Here's what I've found about milk and my body.

I drink about 3-4 glasses of 2% milk every day. A tad over 2 gallons a week. I also eat a cup of yogurt almost every day. I eat cheese, ice cream, sour cream, all things dairy.

With that said, when we go on vacation, I don't get that quantity of milk. After a week or two, if I start consuming milk again, I get a gurgly gut for a day or two. And my normal amount of glassiness returns as well. Then I'm back to normal for me.

I suppose anyone that consumes a consistent diet gets used to consistent results, and anything that then veers from that consistency will give them different results.

I'd guess (an opinion, not fact) that lactose intolerance for some, is that their body turns dairy into horrible gas and discomfort but it's not a medical problem.

However, for others, it may be a real medical problem if they have allergies or diseases/conditions that dairy products would effect negatively.

If you find a food that disagrees with you consistently, your body is telling you that either something is wrong with your body, or, you may have an allergy or physical ailment, or, your body just doesn't agree with that food at the present and you don't want to take time to adjust to that in your system.

It would be best to find out why your body disagrees with that food, just in case there's an actual medical problem.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #46  
Lactose intolerant here.
If I may ask, in what way, and for how long?

I find the topic interesting.

I have a friend who thinks lactose intolerance is made up junk. He has a daughter in-law that insists that her step-daughter (my friend's grand daughter that he raised for the first few years of her life, and fed her cookies and milk with no issues) is lactose intolerant.

I tried to tell him that despite what he knew and observed in her early life, she may actually have some condition, or, she just gets gassy from it.

Anyhow, I agree that some folks get upset stomachs and call it lactose intolerance, which sounds like an actual medical condition and it's not, while some folks will get very ill from the stuff, and it should be avoided.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #47  
I think there are more food reaction symptoms than there names to describe them, so people just pick one that is close, like lactose or gluten intolerant. Not all those 'lactose intolerances' are identical. Myself I have a seafood intolerance. Some seafoods, but not all, make me absolutely deathly sick. That isn't an exaggeration! No one has been able to pinpoint what it is exactly in what seafood I am intolerant to. I have never came across anyone who has the same symptoms as me. As a result I just generally avoid seafoods, particularly shelled seafoods, like the plague. (but oddly enough, Salmon and Tuna don't bother me at all, but most other ocean based fish do).

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #48  
I am severely lactose intolerant.

I started out with minor issues, got food poisoning and now can't have any lactose.
When I do get too much I can get internal bleeding and severe pain.

I can't just go to any restaurant, or pot luck dinners, or have people bring food to my house.
The impact on my life has been as bad as any severe allergy.

I can have aged cheddar and other cheeses made correctly (no late added whey or sugars) and lactose free milks and other dairy products usually don't bother me too much.

The reason many people believe this is not real is having someone with mild symptoms, like my cousin say they are lactose intolerant, while eating a slice of pizza.

It is hereditary in my family and I have it the worst due to the past food poisoning.

I have had many idiots, including doctors tell me to have some lactose every day to get myself re-acclimated to it. That won't work, and would make me too sick to function.

But some people like my uncle grow less sensitive as they get older.

They found the gene that causes this issue, and that is well documented. Not hard to find the medical research.

As for seafood issues, there are so many things you can be allergic too, I have many friends who are allergic to shellfish, but not regular fish.
I worked with a woman that was so allergic to regular fish, she would start breaking out in hives if someone on the floor put some fish in the microwave to heat up, and she did not sit near the microwave.

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #49  
Natural fat and cholesterol is not the evil they keep saying it is, sugar is and yet they add sugar in everything... I strongly think that fermented dairy and dairy fat is very good for you and also think adult shouldn't consume milk but if you do it should be high fat milk, basically only the Scandinavian descendant can tolerate milk the rest of the world is lactose intolerant, the Scandinavian evolve to tolerate milk and in north America we are in majority Scandinavian descendant ...

/ They health benefits of "Dairy Free" was all pure nonsense #50  
I worked with a woman that was so allergic to regular fish, she would start breaking out in hives if someone on the floor put some fish in the microwave to heat up, and she did not sit near the microwave.
Putting fish in a microwave at work (or any other public area) should be a crime in and of itself. Most places I have worked had policies against it with signs up around the machines. Not only is the smell offensive to people in the office, it permeates the machine and people who use it after the offender have their food ruined.

Besides, microwave ovens are just the wrong tool to reheat fish. It ruins the texture.