Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere?

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #71  
We have 8 class 3 Tesla charging stations and probably 1 Tesla in a 50 mile radius.

We have 1 stoplight.
Now that's the definition of Flyover Country! Those chargers are for the pass-throughs. The Tesla undoubtedly charges at home.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #73  
Then they switched to a post office box system so now mail has to have my PO BOX of the first line of my address or else the PO will stamp the letter "Unknown - Return To Sender"

The problem now is government agencies and banks REFUSE to put my PO BOX as my first line because they say I HAVE TO HAVE A PHYSICAL STREET ADDRESS as the first line.
The reason the government agencies are addressing it that way is because that's what Canada Post says to do: Addressing guidelines - Canadian addresses

I'm sure there is somebody you can call (mail?) to complain and get your local postmaster adjusted.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #74  
My small town has a Chinese restaurant that could easily qualify as one of the worst restaurants in the State. ...
I can tell you where the worst one is in the US! Inside the departure area of SFO, San Francisco Airport.

Everything else closes late in the evening so this is the only food available before a long overseas flight. Just don't. Noodles in cold grease - the only thing they have - are the recipe for days of misery.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #75  
My mom was pulled over for speeding in our small home town. When the officer looked at her license he ask, "Are you George's mom?" When he got a "yes" from my mom. He said something to the effect of slow down and have a good day.

Mom did not realize he was my new football coach as well as the new cop in town.

Her concern was why did the cop know me.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #76  
The worst restaurant that I ever ate at was a small diner in the coast of Maine. The woman had just opened the place and it was her life's dream.
The problem was that she couldn't cook. I don't remember what I ordered, that I remember was it was all that I could do to choke it down. To add insult to injury her waitress didn't show up that day so she also doubled as wait staff. She had some type of leg problem so could barely walk. I don't imagine she stayed open very long.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #77  
My mom was pulled over for speeding in our small home town. When the officer looked at her license he ask, "Are you George's mom?" When he got a "yes" from my mom. He said something to the effect of slow down and have a good day.

Mom did not realize he was my new football coach as well as the new cop in town.

Her concern was why did the cop know me.
You can run but you can't hide.

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #78  
There use to be a pile of rocks near my childhood home called Split Rock. They were removed over sixty years ago when the road was paved. There aren't many of us left who can understand directions that tell which way to turn at Split Rock.
Take a lesson from Arkansas. Last time we were there, and asked directions, it always started with "You go down here to Walmart, and turn...".

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #79  
There's Booger Hollow, Arkansas. Sign says:
"Population 7...countin' one coon dog"

/ Things that happen in your small town that you wonder if it happens everywhere? #80  
I once got stopped for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign (there was no traffic coming). The cop ran my license and discovered that I had never had a moving violation. He handed me back my license and told me he wasn't about to be the one to change that, and to be careful next time. And this was in a town that was notorious for cops having an itchy ticket finger.
My small town has a Chinese restaurant that could easily qualify as one of the worst restaurants in the State.
There's a Chinese restaurant near me where the entire staff is Caucasian. Now, this is not to say that Caucasians can't cook Chinese food every bit as well as someone who's Asian, but it just somehow feels wrong. We ate there once, once was enough.