Things to do in Northern California?

/ Things to do in Northern California? #331  
Definitely fire country. Mower gets used through May and then put away for the season.

You were definitely on the move while you were here. Made me tired just reading along.

/ Things to do in Northern California?
You were definitely on the move while you were here.
We were. But overall a great trip with a lot of ground traveled to give us a better idea of the "layout" of the land for our next trip out there. Never got to Donner Pass or Tahoe.

As someone mentioned, as much as we saw, it was only a portion.

To think at first I was wondering what we would do with 10 full days out there. Next time, we'll have to plan on getting out on the weekend to gain more time.

Checking out Death Valley in the Winter sounds interesting.

Have to laugh about my son, he didn't see to many exoctic cars up around Caleveras and he mentioned he was surprised he didn't even see that many Porches.

Wasn't until we hit Route 1 and Monterey/Carmel when he was getting blown away with all the cars. He could name them all LOL Across the street from these two cars was another McClaren (sp?) along with a 1950's Ferrari he was ga ga over (he's into European cars to my dismay).

C.png

To his luck, car show was going on in Monterey when we pulled in. I left him out along to check out the cars and I didn't want to cramp his style. Needless to say, he got a lot of pics for his car friends in NC.

The 3rd pass over Ebbetts coming back fom Nevada, he also saw a Lamborghini coming down the mountain close to Markleyville.

C.png

/ Things to do in Northern California? #333  
If you decide to come back someday and want to shop for property, this is a good website to check out.

/ Things to do in Northern California?
If you decide to come back someday and want to shop for property, this is a good website to check out.

Appreciate the info.

In all seriousness, I honestly don't know how you guys afford to live out there. Out of curiosity, I looked, and it appears only Hawaii (and DC surprisingly) has a greater cost of living vs California.

That said, I guess overall the average pay in California is better to help offset the cost of living. Not certain how accurate, but seems reasonable. I did joke with my wife I could proably earn more money out there.

C.png

/ Things to do in Northern California? #335  
$17.20 minimum wage can be found in the SF Bay Area...

/ Things to do in Northern California? #336  
   / Things to do in Northern California? #337  
Growing up in the Bay Area folks would move to the distant suburbs and then many to the Sierra Foothills but since the 2008-2012 crash just about everyone I know retires out of State... various reasons... closer to kids/family, cash out and bank the difference or simply looking for a better political fit...

/ Things to do in Northern California? #338  
If you do relocate to California no shortage of work in the HVAC industry...

Folks that never had A/C are installing and Heat Pumps becoming the norm on many new homes especially with gas going away.

/ Things to do in Northern California? #339  
I just now got all caught up, I'm sorry I missed the actual trip. Looks like you had a great trip.

As for how much now they get over the passes... on a good year like this year was.. they get a bit. And this would be after it had a chance to compact and melt a bit. A friend of mine went skiing in Mammoth on the 4th of July this year. :D
1693356316420.png

/ Things to do in Northern California? #340  
If you do relocate to California no shortage of work in the HVAC industry...

Folks that never had A/C are installing and Heat Pumps becoming the norm on many new homes especially with gas going away.
I agree that there is a definitely a shortage of "skilled" labor in the HVAC industry.

Went on "vacation" earlier this year and my daughter who is a project manager for a contractor in Riverside had me lined up with comissioning 5 minisplits and 2 identical split systems. One of thier appentices drove me to each location and we pretty much split the work 50/50.
I am a bit rusty, but haven't forgotten how to use a guage set. Got to help my daughter and her company out and had a good time while doing it. No call backs on any of it so I feel good about it.
There is work out there for those who aren't afraid of it.