Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #61  
I came close to buying a caiman from a local pet store, but I realized quickly that it would outgrow the 72 gallon aquarium that I had raised piranhas in. :)

/ Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #62  
For several years now, I've wanted to order a "Jeep in a Crate" ... can't find them anywhere. I would just keep it in the crate, just because. 1940s Jeeps, Army surplus.

1658103031528.png

/ Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #63  
I came close to buying a caiman from a local pet store, but I realized quickly that it would outgrow the 72 gallon aquarium that I had raised piranhas in. :)
Are you the reason for this? :D

/ Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #64  
   / Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #66  
not 50 years ago yet, ... but in 1975 you could order or buy PET ROCKS :)

/ Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #68  
Many, many years ago, I think it was on cereal boxes - you "could" buy land in Canada for - like a few cents. I don't recall the details but it intrigued me then and still does. I hope someone else remembers this and can provide a bit more information. I recall - I think - that some of it was near a place called Lake of the Woods. I don't know why I remember that particular place. Early '50s?
Ontario and Manitoba, Canada - bordering on Minnesota, USA

/ Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #69  
You could never buy a WWII jeep in a crate. That never happened. No one has ever experienced buying a jeep in the crate in parts covered with jelly. It was a con-man that sold info on how to go to USA Military actions that posted the ads in the back of Popular Mechanics ads that just sold you a guide on how you could go to a USA Military auction in the 60's. No one ever bought a MIL Spec jeep in the way it was advertised. No One EVER bought a WWII jeep this way. Olive Drab Unicorn? The Truth behind the WW2 "Jeep In The Crate"

Last edited:
   / Things you could order over 50 years ago that you can't order now ! #70  
Still could up until a very few years ago. It was called Century 21. Century 21 was owned by the Sears corporation

I didn't know that Century 21 and Sears were connected

Are you the reason for this? :D

I hope so :)

JasperFrank - I think they shipped Jeeps in a Crate, not saying the public ever had access. The myth buster thing appears legit. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.