Think I got Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Think I got Covid #11  
Tests are free.
Free or $110, which is what one place I tried to get an appointment charged. Finding one was a challenge, I almost had to drive 100 miles to get mine.

/ Think I got Covid #12  
I wish you a speedy recovery. I think as far as testing, I would want to know, if nothing else just for accurate medical history. But also if things get worse, it could save some time when it comes to getting proper treatment if you already know it's Covid or not. Also, there may be contact tracing to do. At the very least, try to let anyone you've been in contact with know you're sick with possible Covid symptoms.

/ Think I got Covid
Because of my work, I've been tested for Covid 24 times in the past 2 years. So far I've batted a perfect score, but it can't last forever with how much I fly and travel. With how sudden this came on, it's more like the flu (which I've only had once in my life, however, it's unmistakable when you catch it).

I have the wife picking up a home test while she's out running errands. Headache, body aches and chills now.

/ Think I got Covid #14  
It hit me last night in the span of 1 hour. Chills, skull crushing headache, body aches, sweats and a 102 fever. I feel a little better this morning and fever is down to 101 and the headache has subsided. That might be due to taking Ibuprofen. Deciding whether I get tested or not, not sure what the point would be, if you feel crappy, does it really matter to take a test that tells you that you have something that will make you feel crappy?

I've been vaxxed, but no booster. I hope to ride this out with no real issues. I never get sick, so kind of surprised me.
Sorry to hear your symptoms are what they are but sounds like you'll be better quickly. I went through the whole gamut of symptoms in about 4 days, not including the loss of smell and taste. None of them lasted very long at all and most were less severe than a common head cold for me, the smell and taste thing excluded. No smell or taste obviously affects the appetite, and not eating will run you down very quickly. That's actually a good time to eat really healthy foods you don't like. Can't taste or smell it, so why not? That lasted about 4 days by itself. Once I popped positive, I immediately went to the doc to verify the test and he set me up for monoclonal antibody infusion. Took about an hour, but I'm pretty convinced it boosted my immune system. I felt like a million bucks after getting it and never checked up with what I was doing around the house. Check on that option if you're still less than 10 days from detection. If you're past 10 days, it won't help.

Hope you recover soon. Look at the bright side. You won't need the shot anymore. Any doctor that tells you otherwise needs one less patient.

/ Think I got Covid #15  
Free or $110, which is what one place I tried to get an appointment charged. Finding one was a challenge, I almost had to drive 100 miles to get mine.
How's that rural living working out for ya? ;)

Just kidding. However, in all seriousness, it's sometimes nice to be closer to larger metropolitan areas for the services that are there. As we age, those things become a little more important.

But sometimes that doesn't even work out. We wanted booster a couple weeks ago. No appointments available for a couple weeks at times that wouldn't require us to take off of work in a metro area of about 250,000 people. We ended up finding available appointment times that day in a smaller town about 30 miles away.

/ Think I got Covid #16  
Reports on several news sources today that monoclonal antibody isn't working affectively against the omicron variant.

/ Think I got Covid #17  
Hope you get it behind you soon and start feeling better, whatever it is. Best Wishes.

/ Think I got Covid #18  
It hit me last night in the span of 1 hour. Chills, skull crushing headache, body aches, sweats and a 102 fever. I feel a little better this morning and fever is down to 101 and the headache has subsided. That might be due to taking Ibuprofen. Deciding whether I get tested or not, not sure what the point would be, if you feel crappy, does it really matter to take a test that tells you that you have something that will make you feel crappy?

I've been vaxxed, but no booster. I hope to ride this out with no real issues. I never get sick, so kind of surprised me.
You should no issue. My hunting buddy's wife got it too. She had the Moderna the same time we did and was just due for her booster. We got ours, so did her husband but she caught it just prior to her going with us for it.

She was sick for 3 days, stayed in bed for 2 and drank lots of juice and ate sift foods. 3rd day she felt much netter and by the fifth day she was back to her old self and like me, she has an underlying medical issue (cancer survivor). Her husband never got it at all. They both used the home test kits (available at Walgreens or Walmart), she tested positive in a minute, he remained negative.

I would not be too concerned. She (Debbie) told me it was like a bad cold. I think in time, everyone will contract it no matter what the government does as far as vaccination programs. Better to be vaxxed than wind up in the hospital with a tube down your throat and a grim prognosis to boot. My buddy in Maine, his aunt got it and it killed her. So did her husband, he survived but can no ,longer perform his occupation (he was a diver for Bath Iron Works) as his lung capacity is minimal. now and he has 2 clots in his lungs as well.

Both my buddy in Maine and his wife got vaxxed and so far so good. Like us, he's a professional hermit.

/ Think I got Covid #19  
Reports on several news sources today that monoclonal antibody isn't working affectively against the omicron variant.
Mossy, can that be substantiated or is it typical sensational 'news'. I don't hold much candle in the media for honest reporting today.

/ Think I got Covid #20  
Hope you get thru this quickly and without any drama.

There's a nasty flu going about this year.

In this area, it's easy to get tested and gives you piece of mind. My wife was feeling unwell, thought it might be covid, drive tested, got results the next morning, negative. It helped her to know. Chicken soup, with some fresh squeezed lemon juice in raw honey and hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.