Think my ramps will take 10K?

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #1  

Chuck K.

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 M59 w/thumb
I need to move my brother in laws ASV 100, tomorrow it specs out at around 10K# at GVW.. My M59 weighs in around 8.5K#. I lengthen my ramps last year to stop the B/H from dragging when loading/unloading. In hind sight I wished I had used heavier material but at the time the L5240 only weighed in about 6.5K# so it was suffecient at the time...

M.59.03.JPG

With the ASV ground pressure at only 3.5 psi per spec sheet, my simple mind leads me to believe my machine probably puts more weight on ramps than the heavier ASV will due to the surface are of the tracks? Wathca think?

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #2  
I need to move my brother in laws ASV 100, tomorrow it specs out at around 10K# at GVW.. My M59 weighs in around 8.5K#. I lengthen my ramps last year to stop the B/H from dragging when loading/unloading. In hind sight I wished I had used heavier material but at the time the L5240 only weighed in about 6.5K# so it was suffecient at the time...

View attachment 168793

With the ASV ground pressure at only 3.5 psi per spec sheet, my simple mind leads me to believe my machine probably puts more weight on ramps than the heavier ASV will due to the surface are of the tracks? Wathca think?

Are you concerned about failing the short cross pieces or the main rails on your ramps, or both?

If the concern is the cross pieces, I'd get four 2x10s, nail pairs together to get a 4x10 and lay these on your ramps.

If the concern is the main rails, then get some 4x6 or 6x6 lumber and shore up those rails.

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #3  
I would just put some cribbing under the ramps.

Chris

/ Think my ramps will take 10K?
Mostly worried about the main channel not the cross channnel.. I believe I will just bring some automotive jack stands just to be safe...

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #5  
Bear in mind that you'll never have the full weight on the ramps unless they are longer than your wheelbase.
Jim

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #6  
Only works out to a MAX of 5k per ramp. I think it would be fine. But, some cribbing could bring some peace of mind.

What are the jacks you have on the back corners rated at?

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #7  
leave the ramps at home,, just drive it on

/ Think my ramps will take 10K? #8  
Nice wheels on your trailer. What brand are they? To me, it looks like you should be okay on you ramps if you put some jack stand under the back of your trailer to take most of the load when your driving that heavy piece of equipment up on your trailer. If your ramps bend just a little, take them off and bend them back.